Which Meerschaum Brand Would You Recommend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lees65GTO

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2022
Texas
I'm told block is superior in all categories you mentioned. Ive never had a pressed meer before though. It's essentially meerschaum chips glued and pressed back together. Yuck.
I have several briar but only one meer and I don't smoke it very often. I have been thinking about getting more meers. I'm a wet smoker and was concerned about moisture being in the bottom and making the meer soft so when I clean out the ash I might damage the meer.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have several briar but only one meer and I don't smoke it very often. I have been thinking about getting more meers. I'm a wet smoker and was concerned about moisture being in the bottom and making the meer soft so when I clean out the ash I might damage the meer.
Nope, just clean em out gently. Meer is very tough material. Just don't dig into the bowl.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I got my mini-meer from AND (meerschaum.com). It’s a 3/4” bowl, so same size as my MM cobs. Works great, tenon is good so far, and they claim it’s block. Hard to find small meers with a decent sized bowl.
Picked it up to better sample different tobaccos, blends, and mixes I’ve been making up. As a neophyte piper I’ve got ten briars I recently pre-inherited from my father, but they have been sitting for nigh on 50yrs. The little meer gives me a smaller cleaner smoke and allowed my to narrow down my preferences much quicker. For about $25 shipped I’m thrilled with it.
I definitely will be getting a standard size from them down the road, if the mini holds up well.
23F97039-7D1C-42A9-8F04-90D7A0FD3900.jpeg
16D3852D-EEBB-4BE7-8738-9EE04F02CBA7.jpeg

Reactions: Smoke Wagon