PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
That's a very nice lighter, but at a higher price point then my old dunhill unique lighter. I mean mines not new but still kinda pricy for a zippo "type" lighter. But why not if you got it like that.

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
That's a very nice lighter, but at a higher price point then my old dunhill unique lighter. I mean mines not new but still kinda pricy for a zippo "type" lighter. But why not if you got it like that.
$32 on Amazon. No way is it more expensive than anything with DUNHILL written on it.
You can order it direct from China for half the price, but you gotta wait a couple of months to get it.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That is a great moniker for the Chinese knockoff DuPonts!
I have maybe five different ones, and to date they have been absolutely reliable, even the one that stays in the car year-round (until it needs a refill, then it gets swapped for a different Fauxpont).
I wish I could claim authorship! I have four, but recently got lazy and just use BiCs.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
We keep a couple of BICs in the cars, and I do end up using them, but I prefer having a smaller flame. What happened to adjustable BIC-type lighters? Does anyone make them anymore? What I'd really love to have is an infrared pipe lighter.
Infrared or some way to manipulate a bright led and a small magnifying glass type contraption. I'm sure it would take some practice but that's what cobs a garbows are for. After you get the hang of such a device, one can control heat intensity and dispersion. I don't know maybe I'm crazy lol.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Infrared or some way to manipulate a bright led and a small magnifying glass type contraption. I'm sure it would take some practice but that's what cobs a garbows are for. After you get the hang of such a device, one can control heat intensity and dispersion. I don't know maybe I'm crazy lol.
As seen on TV? I am half aware of a device that may do that. I FF through commercials except when I am half asleep.

• Haha
Reactions: Professor Moriarty

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
In my experience this is an easy answer: IM corona old boy 100%. And, by the way, I don’t think I’ve ever read or heard that Kiribi was more durable than IM Corona lighters,,. Reading that in the comments above was a first for me.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
In my experience this is an easy answer: IM corona old boy 100%. And, by the way, I don’t think I’ve ever read or heard that Kiribi was more durable than IM Corona lighters,,. Reading that in the comments above was a first for me.
I dropped an Old Boy and it cracked the fuel chamber. The repair cost would've been the same cost as a new lighter.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Since the linoleum pattern was no longer available, they bought me a new house:

63ed14bb63b30f94634eeb661987f24e.jpg

This one has a lot more room, and came with some nice patio furniture and a foot bath.

Reactions: jpmcwjr