Where's the Dunbar? Where's the Tilbury? Dorchester, Are You There?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I know what you're thinking; 'Oh No! Not another Esoterica thread!!!' But I think I have a 'new-ish' question that doesn't relate to Penzance or Stonehaven at all. While we often see Penzance, Stonehaven, Margate, ASTB and Pembroke at our online retailers and B&Ms it seems like it's been forever since ET has made any Dunbar, Dorchester and Tilbury available. Does anyone know why that is? Why would they make Pembroke, St. Ives, Cardiff and other low-demand blends when they could sell out D, D and T instantly like Penzance and Stonehaven. There aren't any rare leaves in that blend...AFAIK. Any clues?

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Maybe they are focusing more on the Stonehaven and Penzance and not making as much of the other blends now. Just a guess but have no true information.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've been trying to find Dorchester for around six months. As a matter of fact, it's in my search for Dorchester that I've accumulated a dozen bags of Penz/Stonehaven. I believe you're correct in assuming they've slowed production to ramp up Penzance, but now that I think about, I haven't seen much Stonehaven either.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
My feeling is, but it's only really a GUESS, is those are the blends that will be in the next Germain's shipment to the US, perhaps before the end of the year...possibly......maybe......

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I asked this same question awhile ago. Having started pipes in 08/2014 I had the opportunity to pick up 5 bags of Tilbury and I did.
Did something right I see.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Dave, If you're wrong... oh if you're wrong... Dave, we're coming for you...
Just checked The Vault to see if I had any Dorchester, only one lonely 8oz bag...aging :wink:

Dec 24, 2012
Nate, I have your tin of Dorchester packed up I have just been woefully delinquent in getting it to the post office. It will go out this week, I promise.

Dec 24, 2012
By the way, it is odd how these blends have disappeared. When I first got into the hobby a few years back, these were the only three Esoterica blends I could actually find and buy readily. That's why I have around 10 lbs of each. I am sure they will be back soon. Not sure where they went, though.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
It's been 5 months since I've gotten any Tilbury. Last time I was able to get some Dunbar was almost a year I believe. Managed a few Dorchester here and there.
I will say I love all 3 of these blends and they have fallen off the map in the last year. Almost zero production it seems. I would be thrilled to see some more.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
the accountants are at work here i am sure - macro-economics ! - dorchester & its buddies are not heavy sellers so better to produce the heavy hitters.
peckinpahhombre - i'll buy all your dorchester -i'm in toronto so its a quick walk for you.
also 4noggins sells cheaper than cupojoes so it seems joes gets more shipments than 4n - keeping the price higher for esoterica distributor & retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.