PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
rd02sir,

I don't think you'll be disapointed. I'd appreciate your reviews, as although I'm usually not an aromatic guy, I am willing to try others since I've tried, and really enjoyed,their Cherry Smash.

I glad you liked their service, they are nice folks.

Thanks

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Just got my package from Boswells today. You can smell the tobacco trough the box!!
I did nit get charged duty, tax or brokerage fees, if any of you fellow Canadians are interested. Came in a box labeled as hobby stuff.
Tried the chocolate cream and was very impressed, I'll def be getting more. Also tried the christmas cookie, also very good, but prefer the chocolate cream.
The chocolate cream actually tastes like chocolate, dark chocolate, very very pleasant smoke.
Overall, I'm extremely impressed with their service and tobacco. I will definitely be ordering more from them when I'm close to running out. I have 12oz plus 3 more tins coming from pipesandcigars (which is now stuck at customs).
+100 for dan and Boswells tobacco!!
Check out my unboxing video on my YouTube channel linked in my sig.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Boswell's have been a favorite of mine for years. I started out by buying a couple of their pipes (which both smoked superbly) then decided to try some of their tobacco blends. I ordered a bunch of 1 oz. samples, then picked out a few keepers. The ones I have on hand here right now are Magnum Blend (mild English), Mild English (a little lighter than Magnum Blend), Premium Burley, Pennsylvania Dutch Treat (one of J.M.'s earliest blends), and No Bite Delite (an aromatic developed by Dan). Northwoods is another good one but I only have 2 oz. of it. Boswell's prices have gone up a lot on their tobacco since I started buying from them. I don't think they are trying to rip anyone off, just make a decent living for their families. I know both J.M. and Dan work an incredible amount of hours and their pipes sell out just as fast as they can make them. I would love to visit their shop someday but Pennsylvania is a long ways from MO.
Smokey

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
I don't smoke too much of their tobacco....but I do have to say most of the tobacco I smoke is in a Boswell pipe. I was looking at my rotation and my first Boswell is dated 2002 so I have been smoking Boswell's for close to 10 years. I live about an hour from their shop...and I go down two or three times a year. JM, Gail and Dan are three of the nicest people that you will ever meet and it is always a pleasure to visit with them. Every time I have been there they have made me feel like family (more so than my family often does). I would encourage anyone who has the chance to visit their store to go...but I'll bet you'll come home with a new Boswell pipe!

johnbanther

Lurker
Nov 2, 2011
I called in an international order to Mr. Boswell this week (to the Netherlands). Call was fast and to the point, which was nice, but it ended so quick I didn't get a total for the bill!
Shipping shouldn't be too much money (I hope, it is actually cheap to mail intl), hopefully have it in a few days, and am very excited to try out the extremely well reviewed blends!

beaterman

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
I just put in a order from Boswells, and although I am used to conducting all of my purchases online, I have to say I was quite impressed!! How easy was that? took all of two minutes, faster even then online! I will definitely be doing business with them again (provided I enjoy the tabbacy!! which i am sure I will). Rock on Boswells!!

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
toronto canadian wants to know -
did not know of this import ruling about 3.5 oz allowance - is it still in affect 8/2013- if it is mailed usa post should it still be labelled hobby in spite of ruling ?

doubt if i will find it in toronto shop

wish to order chocolate creme - sounds good i have a sweet tooth for chocolate

thanks - only in canada - eh - just gouging eh !

Status
Not open for further replies.