PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoquete

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
First off hi I'm new to both pipe smoking and the forum, I've been pipe smoking for a few weeks and really enjoyed it so i decided it's time i stop bumming off my friends pipe and get my own and a family member is coming over from nyc in a few weeks (I'm from the Dominican Republic) and i would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction on where i could ask my relative to get me some decent pipes at a reasonable price (exchange rate is killing my purchases lately).
Anyways any help would be great,
regards.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Don't know if you will be in town for the NY Pipe Club meeting, but those collectors that attend would be your best place for knowledge or an estate pipe. I'm willing to bet that many pipes change hands at those meetings at very reasonable prices.

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
I don't know about cheap, but the Davidoff store on Madison ave is a pipe smokers heaven. They're usually well stocked with everything, and i'm sure they have a good selection of basked pipes as well as starter pipes under the $75 mark. Beware of the NY tobacco tax though...

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
In addition to Nat Sherman, there is also De La Concha and Barclay Rex.
Here is our piece on Davidoff too. I did this the same day as Nat Sherman, hence the same shirt.
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-manufacturer-retailer-spotlight/davidoff-madison-avenue-in-a-class-all-its-own/

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
My grandfather worked at Barclay Rex 50 years ago and though I've never been to the store, he always spoke fondly of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.