PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Kind of interesting on my cigar home board and i think many of them there are more personal relationships, not sure if it’s just more cigar herfs people throw and travel to or what, but if a regular goes missing there is usually someone in touch with them, pass on a message or something. It will be interesting to see how my perception changes over time seeing as how I’m still fairly new here.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I've mentioned smoking and chewing there many times. My position was created by the company CEO when he saw me solving Rubik's puzzles. A lot of trouble shooting, efficiency number crunching, time studies, and ergonomic improvements. Though I see other employees at the beginning and end of my shift, I'm there during the 12 hour off shift doing my studies. Right place, right time is how I got it.

View attachment 163148
I just love seeing that a place of employment still exists somewhere in this country where smoking on the job is allowed...and inside a company building...almost hard to believe.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@Chasing Embers : I seem remember now the mans love of BIC lighters and expensive pipes. If my memory serves me right he was always PM'ing me about the many uses for Red Sea Salt in the butt hole area. He was also a nasty anti-semite which was totally inappropriate for an inclusive community such as on here. He can stay in the Cornfield or perhaps we could do an exchange for Star Cat! rotf

• Haha
Reactions: Chasing Embers

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I miss the guys like Roth. Come in hard, like 12000 posts a year, most cut and pasted “expert answers” from elsewhere that just one day crash and burn.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Very interesting fellow!
@condorlover1 As Ettrick Puffer was from the Scottish Borders region I asked him if I'd get shot when wearing the Redcoat uniform (smoking jacket?). I would have liked a pint and a clay pipe with him; he said he'd give me a shot of his Brown Bess musket if we ever met...

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
There seems to be a lot of concern for Ettrick Puffer out there. I particularly remember getting a warm welcome here from him when I joined over a year ago. He commented on my post as I also live in the Scottish Borders, and discovered I am only 25 miles from him. I know the small town he said he is from and tomorrow evening I will be playing cricket only a few miles from there. I am sure he is fine, but would love to discover exactly where he stays just to have a blether and pass on the regards of the pipe community.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
There seems to be a lot of concern for Ettrick Puffer out there. I particularly remember getting a warm welcome here from him when I joined over a year ago. He commented on my post as I also live in the Scottish Borders, and discovered I am only 25 miles from him. I know the small town he said he is from and tomorrow evening I will be playing cricket only a few miles from there. I am sure he is fine, but would love to discover exactly where he stays just to have a blether and pass on the regards of the pipe community.
There can't be too many game wardens from that town that smoke a pipe. I imagine he is an easy fellow to find out about.

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
There can't be too many game wardens from that town that smoke a pipe. I imagine he is an easy fellow to find out about.
Flash forward - inside the village pub; teatime; very busy.

Everyone in there is wearing a deerstalker hat, plus fours and everyone has a pipe hanging from the corner of their mouths.

‘I’m looking for a game keeper who smokes a pipe?”

‘Aye, but which one? We’re all game keepers in this part of the world laddie!’

???