PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Latakian
That is a true man-cave, in my estimation. It looks cozy and quiet; a great place to contemplate the meaning (or non meaning) of life.
For those of us who have significant others who tolerate our smoking, we should take a moment of silence to appreciate those folks. I know that if my wife changed her mind, there'd be trouble a comin'.

wahoo92

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
Always on the back deck. Watching a couple of deer in the back acre as we speak. Great evening for a smoke.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Car, parking lot, porch if I try to sneak in a late night smoke. Never wanted to smoke in a house after I moved my sister who smoked cigarettes in her house, everything smelled and I dont want to subject my non-smoking wife and son to smoke.

bigriggers01

Might Stick Around
Nov 4, 2012
I'm pretty fortunate in that I can smoke inside the house but, given the choice, I much prefer to lock myself away in my 'man cave' (a small, stone outbuilding behind the house). Nothing beats sitting in your favourite chair with a pipe and a pint in your own little space !

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I smoke on the porch or at Low Country Pipe & Cigar aka smokingpipes.com since it's now only about a half hour north-east from my new abode :D

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I'm a missus mandated outdoor smoker... so on the back deck or in my working tool shed... which is nothing like latikian's amazing set up. Wow. For me, the metal lounge would be a big step up. Envious of both you guys.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
sparrowhawk, those Honeywell air cleaners are useless. The only thing that removes smoke is a three stage heppa filter unit that runs over 500.00. It will only remove the smoke, you still need an ozinator to remove the smell. The heppa filter has a pre filter, charcoal filter and the heppa filter. They are rated in CFM's which denotes how much air is moved in the room.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for that tip. From another person I also heard these cleaners are not very helpful. So you guys saved me a good chunk of change. Again, thanks.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I've had 3 air cleaners, including an Oreck. None of them has ever been worth the money I spent on them.

jeff59

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2011
I smoke in the woodworking shop. The best place is on my porch about 11pm when everyone has gone to bed.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I smoke on my covered back patio all the time. Morning for me is a book and coffee, afternoon/evening is music and a cold beer.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
My corner of the garage.

den-448x600.jpg

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
I'm a big fan of smoking while I drive home from work. I work in public schools, so tobacco free is the way I spend my day. That 30 minute drive home with the window down part of the way with some good music playing just washes away any stress that tries to hang around. I also enjoy smoking outside on my porch, but with the Florida humidity right now it hasn't been too appealing. Once fall rolls around I'll be in my rocking chair puffing away.

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
I live in an apartment, but we are lucky to have two nice balconies, so I smoke out on the balcony which faces west. I get some nice sunset smokes, when the sun pokes through between the buildings in the city.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I always end up smoking out in my field and enjoying the stars, but occasionally I will smoke on the front yard and enjoy the summer days permitting its not hot enough to light my pipe with a magnifying glass.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I've been asked to smoke outside. Now that I've been a stay-at-home dad for about a week, it's been tough. If we take a walk as a family, I might bring a pipe.
I usually smoke under a large tree in the front yard of our apt complex. Get to watch traffic. I was smoking in my car alot, I have a cob I leave in the glove box. I would just bring out a pouch with a few pinches, pack, and light up. Now that I have my son in the car w/me most places I go (which has only been the grocery store, only down the street), I don't get the opportunity to smoke much.
I could have a pipe when the wife gets home from work, but I'd rather spend time with her when she gets home. Plus, our son is happier when both his mom&dad are home together. Could wait til he goes to bed, but then it's nice to be with my wife in the evening.
So, since I've decided to start smoking up some of my cellar, before buying much more, but have been smoking less, might take me a long time to clear up some space and free up some jars.
There is a B&M near me that has a smoking lounge, but I'm pretty sure it's for cigars. Have yet to ask anybody if they allow pipe smoking in there too. I prefer some isolation when I smoke, anyway. And I find that smoking with company distracts me from my pipe, and I need more re-lights.
Looking forward to the day when we get a house. A man cave will definitely be made, even if it's in the garage or basement. A porch or deck would be nice too.

dannybeans

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
Northern Indiana
I'm actually a bit self-conscious about being seen with a pipe, so I prefer a bit of privacy when I smoke. I usually do it in my bedroom with a fan blowing it out the window (nonsmoking apartment), or on my little rooftop patio/garden that the landlord tolerates:
23mc.jpg

(Disclaimer: This is actually last year's setup. This year it's just peppers and flowers.)
My girlfriend doesn't mind me smoking a bit at her place, though I try not to abuse that privilege too much. Also on the drive home from work - it's a nominally-fifteen-minute drive through the country that I can easily stretch out to a decent smoke.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Usually on our covered porch, but right now in an Adirondack chair overlooking my pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.