PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I really envy you folks who have a real place to go to to have a smoke and be truly welcomed when doing so.
I concur. With no B&M, no smoking lounge and no pipers nearby it can be a lonely hobby. Like many things in my life though, I'm sure I'll get the chance to experience these someday.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
Working in garage, back porch (its not screened in and bugs terrible this time of year), company car when working. In house maybe once a month, a little more in colder months.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
at the moment I am smoking along the river walk in san antonio tx... On a little vacation!

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I really envy you folks who have a real place to go to to have a smoke and be truly welcomed when doing so. You're really fortunate. I, for one, and I think this applies to many of us here, have no real B&M, no lounge, not even any pipe smokers anywhere near where we live, that we can connect with to enjoy some time with and enjoy sharing a bowl with.
roth you took the words right out of my mouth
Someday Someday :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I have a few places that I enjoy a pipe or cigar; my man-cave, the front porch, the back patio, the backyard around the fire pit, one of the many local parks, and sometimes at a local B&M shop. Just depends on time of year, weather etc.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Since we're on the subject of where and where not some of us can smoke, let me ask, are these air purifiers of any use? I was thinking about getting a Honeywell clezaner for $125, put I'm wondering just how really effective these filter are. Opinions?

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
If it's not too humid I'll smoke on the deck, otherwise lighting up is a pain. During the winter I smoke in the laundry room.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Either outside on the back patio (just got some new patio furniture and an umbrella), outside on the front porch, outside doing yard work (sensing a theme here?), or at the B&M, if I feel like driving for 25 minutes to go for a smoke...

latakian

Lurker
Jul 22, 2013
Sequim, Washington USA
The Loving Wife set up a man cave for me in what used to be a garden tool shed. She asked me to pick out the paint colors and flooring material. Then, she and our son put it all together. I call this place Ravens Grove Pipe Smokers Den.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33301186@N02/sets/72157632515245590/

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
+1 Roth
latakain, that's an incredible set up!
In the summer, I smoke in a deck chair overlooking the pool and contemplate the non-existant landscaping that needs to be done. OR, around a firepit with my other pipe smoking friend.
In the cold weather, I smoke in my favorite chair in the house with a window cracked open. Since I smoke aros, my wife doesn't have a problem with it. I'm working on covering the deck so that I can sit outside, which is my preference.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Latakian, that is an enviable set up! Fabulous!
I only smoke in my basement rec room/man cave and it's currently being renovated, as I mentioned on another thread. I keep it ventilated by having the window open, and I'm excited to have no more carpet down there.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Nice, Latakian!
We're looking to sell our current place in the next couple of years and move on up, at which point I hope to have garden shed/shop of my own... :D

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Nice set up latakian.

Right now I smoke on my patio in the backyard. Wife doesn't want it inside. I am currently converting my third car garage to a "man cave". When it's complete that will be my primary smoking area. I've tried smoking in the car. Sadly not for me. I'll have to give it another try.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I smoke in my house, on my front porch, on my back lanai, in my car, pretty much anywhere I please.
Same here. Although I do prefer to be outside, but that's a matter of simply preferring the outdoors to indoors in general. In warm weather, I like sitting out to watch the birds and squirrels play. When it's colder than a witch in a brass brassiere, I smoke my pipes in the house.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I'm lucky to live alone, so I also smoke anywhere I please. Which is here, in front of my pc.
@Latakian: That is an awesome setup brother; nice. I hope it has a TV for sports and a beer fridge :)

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I have'nt smoked in the house since my first born, he's now 38 years old. I do smoke on the porch, or in my workshop, which I enjoy often. Building furniture lends to relaxing with a good pipe.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Definitely jealous of some of you. I am not allowed to smoke inside my house, and never have been. Wife won't let me. That's why my favorite place to smoke is at my mom's house, because she does let me smoke inside. Other than, I smoke on my back porch, in my truck, while out hiking, in my office, and if I'm walking around, I smoke anywhere I want. There's a certain restaurant I usually eat lunch at, and they have a nice smoking patio.
I might add...I am not actually allowed to smoke in my office as it's non-smoking. I stuff rags under the doors, open my window and puff to my heart's content. Been here for a couple years and no one's complained and if they do, I'll just leave and work from home again.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I smoke in my apartment, or in my parent's basement, or in my car, or on my friend's parent's deck, or at my buddy's apartment, or on the street, or at the park, or at Iwan Ries, or on a boat, or anywhere else I find myself and can do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.