PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottn

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Sorry if this thread already exists somewhere, my search-fu tuned up nothing.
Anyway, living here in Minnesota I am regulated to my basement/hobby area for smoking and I was just curious, where do most of my fellow pipers enjoy a smoke.
Also does anybody know of good B&M shops in the twin cities area and or smoking lounges?

I have been to Perfect Ash in Lilydale, and it is a really good shop. I went on a Fri. night and when I entered about ten cigar smokers at the bar all turned and stared at me like "who's this newb?" It was probably my imagination. The guy behind the bar was very helpful and i bought 1 oz of lilydale and a pack of pipe cleaners that don't really fit my pipe! LOL I am looking forward to going back and enjoying a smoke with the crowd.
Scott

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
If I'm at my house or workplace, outside :( I do have quite a few friends who smoke cigars or cigarettes though and we usually hold card games there so we can all indulge in our smokes of choice whilst playing. I think that I need to get one of those propane umbrella heaters this winter...

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Usually in the garage or in my truck while driving somewhere. I've cut way back on the number of bowls per day. Now I have maybe 2 at the most. I was at 10 bowls a day there for awhile. That's to much in one day.
Never in the house.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
good weather-back deck or garage

bad weather- garage with door down and heat pump going, ceiling in-line exhaust fan going, ceiling fan pulling smoke up into the exhaust fan grille.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Good weather-Patio, garage or out for a walk

Bad weather- at the back garage door or at the big front one when I get done shoveling the white stuff.

scottn

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
I am noticing a lot of outdoors/garage smokers. Are we all afflicted by the "state wide smoking bans"?

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
That is a strong hand indeed.
I smoke outside. Wife is pregnant, and had to give up cigarettes as soon as we found out. Smoking around her is just uncomfortable, and makes her itch. So I keep it out of sight, out of mind for now.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It is my house and I pay the bills. A pregnant wife is a different thing all together. Tell her to go to the garage when are smoking and then just open the windows when you are done. Train her right in the beginning and you will have a happy marriage. :rofl:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Right now I am smoking in the basement by choice. My family doesn't like the pipe, but will tolerate it.
However, when I have people over, I really don't want my house smelling of stale tobacco. I have yet to find a suitable solution. I may try a hepa air filter next, but I have such low hopes that it will work.
And the really good ones are in the $900 range, which is too rich for my blood. I would even consider saving for one (which could take a while) but I'd be hesitant to spend that much and still not have it work or cost a fortune in filters.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I smoke in my house, on my front porch, on my back lanai, anywhere I please. I answer to no one, I am the master of my domain
:worship:
If I lived in FL I might smoke in the house. In winter you can open windows and air it out. And if you don't have small children, the ozone machine could be a solution. I live in VT and -20 is not unusual - so we never open windows. And it's just too cold to smoke outside in winter.

scottn

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Bubblehead, my 5 yr old son would love your job!!!!!! Hell I would love your job, driving a dozer would be cool!!!!
Numbersix, I wanted to thank you for your post on reducing that awful after smoke taste. I use the coffee and or water method and have tried to slow way way down and puffing frequency.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I used to smoke in the house when I was very young (cigarettes of course) but in my second apartment (this is after I started with pipes) the previous owners had to of been smokers for many many years... because no matter how much I cleaned the walls they would bleed that yellow nicotine crap... quite frickin disgusting... so since then I just dont smoke in any of my houses.

When my wife and I got together we both smoked and she was accustomed to smoking in her places... yeah no go with me, I booted her to the outside LOL... of course she has since stopped for many many years now, but still to this day I dont smoke indoors... but its not because I was told but because all I can do is picture those nasty ass walls that were bleeding that yellow crap!

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I am also the master of my domain, like Harris but as I live alone, not such a big deal. I usually smoke downstairs in a den/workshop where too much tobacco and too many pipes are stored but really, anywhere I like. The dogs don't mind and my girlfriend has her own house so she has not complained.

Status
Not open for further replies.