PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocabriar

Lurker
Oct 10, 2012
In my part of Canada, smoking indoors has all but vanished. You can't even smoke OUTSIDE a lot of public buildings, although this isn't strictly enforced.....yet. The only place i can pull off a bowl is on my commute to work in the morning. I'm headed to the hunting camp this weekend, miles in the woods. Pretty safe place to smoke a pipe, or do what ever the hell else I want to do.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
I used to smoke on the front porch because it would give my wife headaches when I would smoke inside. Now I smoke in the house thanks to the Lampe Berger, works like a charm smells great and the wife doesn't get headaches any more.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I usually smoke in the office in the house. Luckily, my wife loves the pipe and helps me smoke cigars when we're in the hot tub. Life is good.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I enjoy smoking outside when ever possible, but I also smoke anywhere I want in my house, my wife enjoys the smell of a pipe and no small children so I'm lucky. :puffy:

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
Man, I feel lucky reading this post. I have a small room in the basement that I've turned into my pipe den. Of course I also smoke while walking or sitting in front of the local coffee shop drinking some cappuccino.
@scottn, Welcome to the forum. Also, I stopped in for a smoke at Golden Leaf on 7th when I was in town on business and found the place quite enjoyable. Bought an ounce of Dark English blend and nearly fell asleep smoking a bowl in the leather chairs in the cigar lounge...

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
House, Car, outside. It all depends on the weather and baccy. For aro's, I enjoy it inside and open the door occasionally, but with virginias and burleys, I enjoy it more outdoors, especially winter because the bowl smokes nice and I enjoy the cool breeze with a pipe. If it's too cold and it's a strong blend, I'll put the exhaust fan above the stove on and smoke near it.

bgbarcus

Lurker
Feb 15, 2010
Usually I smoke in my home office but when I have the house to myself any place other than the basement (too little ventilation) is free territory. When serious thought is needed I share Sherlock Holmes's opinion that thick air helps me think and it can get pretty thick in my office.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Wherever I can.
Last year in between Undergrad and Grad school, I was living in the parents' basement. They let me smoke. And still when I go home w/ or w/out friends, we sit in the basement and smoke pipes. Personally, I enjoy walking into a room w/ tobacco smell. If it's the right kind. Granted, I only lived there a year, so there wasn't too much buildup. But we never smoked cigs, and cigars were a rare treat. So, having only pipes burning I think helped make it a pleasing aroma as opposed to a pungent stank. Other than there I smoke in my car, or anywhere outside. The apartment I'm in now is no smoking. And even on late nights of practicing, analysing or writing music, and writing articles, I never pump up the candles and fans and take advantage of my corner windows and smoke a few bowls anyway. :wink:

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Really, I smoke wherever its legal...In particular, I enjoy sitting on a bench by our little mining (defunct) towns old library/postoffice. The hills are so steep here there is no mail delivery, so almost everyone picks up their mail @ the P.O. and I get to see a grand cross section of the interesting citizens. Nothing but complimentary comments on the pipe aroma. Many become nostalgic as the smoke reaches their olfactory factory. One teared up remembering his grandfather. True this, I swear. :puffy:

tkdlaxer

Lurker
Nov 13, 2011
Last year during my Senior year of college, I could smoke where ever I wanted in my apartment, and often did. Now I'm back home, and dearly missing that. I sneak outside every now and then, but there is NO smoking in our house, even my Dad smokes his cigars outside.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I smoke outside, in my bedroom, at my buddies house, and at the local B&M.

Prefer the outside but I really like by balls too so when it is this time of year, I choose what matters the most to me!
Happy puffin! :puffy:

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
At work, in the parking lot.. At home either on the front or back porch, surrounded by the dogs...

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I usually smoke outside if the weather is nice. But since the hours changed and its cooler these days, I smoke in the house, usually with a window opened a bit. The wife is cool with that.

scottn

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Like most of you I do enjoy smoking outside but too cold now. I also build scale models so I have a vented spray booth that I turn on an smoke in my little hobby area.
Just stopped at Cigar Jones in Minnetoka and will be hanging out there probably after work this week to enjoy a smoke.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I live alone and am the General Manager of a small business, so I smoke pretty much anywhere I want. Except inside public buildings that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.