Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I grew up in Brookline Mass which is the town touching Boston on it's west side, I grew up less than ten miles from Fenway Park. I moved to Rhode Island in 1990 when I opened my first business and then moved to Sarasota Florida in 2003. It is hard to believe that next month I will have lived here for a decade. It was always a dream of mine since I was a little kid to live in Florida. My grandparents on my moms side moved to Miami Beach in the mid 50's so I began coming here in 1958.
I live in a community called the Isles which is about a 15 minute ride with traffic from Siesta Key Beach, voted number 1 beach in America. The community I live in is like a country club with a beautiful tennis center that has clay courts, full court lighted basket ball court, gym, heated pool, clubhouse, even a Bocci ball court. Here is a link for some pictures of the place. http://islesofsarasota.com/photogallery.html

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I live in Las Vegas Nevada about a ten minute car ride from the Strip. It's an interesting quirky older part of town. I was born and raised in Cincinnati Ohio however until I was 17 in the small town of Cheviot in Hamilton County.
las-vegas.jpg

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
A small town called Woubrugge, about fifteen miles south of Amsterdam. Lots of lakes, canals and rivers around, which is a good thing if you're a lock keeper :lol: .

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I used to live near Brattleboro VT and drink at Mount Snow! Now I live in Ashtabula Ohio and don't drink!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I live in a community called the Isles which is about a 15 minute ride with traffic from Siesta Key Beach, voted number 1 beach in America. The community I live in is like a country club with a beautiful tennis center that has clay courts, full court lighted basket ball court, gym, heated pool, clubhouse, even a Bocci ball court.
What, no bingo or shuffleboard?
TheIsles%252019sm.jpg

Harris, aren't you too young to be in a retirement community? Just teasing of course - it actually looks fantastic, like living at a resort!

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Grew up on a 300 acre horse farm in middle of no where TN. Moved 2 hours south to hazelgeen Alabama. Wonder every day or so why I left. I "live" on Wilson lake on my boat as often as humanly possible.

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Middle of Nowhere Tn. sounds very familiar !
Humboldt Tn. here !
About an hour away from anything you want to do :crazy:
Tom

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I'm here in Toledo, Ohio....No picture cause there is nothing here worthy :crying:
Six I'm so jealous, always wanted to be in a small town like that

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm from the same place as hfearly, the future world capital of pipe restoration.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I live in Armonk, NY, a sleepy little town 35 miles north of midtown Manhattan. I work in the Bronx and my wife works in Manhattan. For me, the drive is 30 minutes rain or shine-for her it varies from one hour to work to 2 hours depending on traffic. She can't wait to get out of work there-either move to Manhattan or quit and retire. Driving is a killer.
Love my town, hate the enormous real estate taxes.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Rural NW Wisconsin, here is a shot from Google Earth

Left to Right: Wifes Shop, House and Garage. What you do not see is a neighbor.

Closest neighbor is a bit over 1/4 mile. :clap:
arialofhouseGE_zpsa612cf5f.jpg
[/url][/img]

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Originally from Dallas
dallas-skyline.jpg

Now live Eustace Texas, about an hour east..notice the similarities in the skylines.. :wink:
v47n4eustace-tx-lg.jpg

punkrockarmy

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2013
Originally from Atlanta, Georgia but now I hail from a small city named Cartersville about an hour north of Atlanta.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
I hale from Appleton, WI 54911. But, this pic was taken when I flew the plane to Wausau. Refueling and checking out Rib Mt. for skiing! (my favorite outdoor activity)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.