PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rybo

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
there are lots of references to where people are living, but i couldn't find any thread that actually listed out where people are from.
maybe it would be a good idea to share where you're located, along with maybe what you love about the city/place
i'm in columbia, sc. favorite thing is the night Gamecock football games when it's nice and chilly. i've also recently come to enjoy the variety of really good food located downtown. we've got some great spots that not many people know about

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Alot of forums have your location beneath your avatar or screen name. I live in Cornelius, NC which is 25 miles or so above Charlotte, and located at the bottom of Lake Norman. Other than the high cost of housing compared to where I lived before,and the fact that they have zero culture here, the weather is what made me move down here. There's not enough money in the world to get me to move back up North with all that shitty weather, I hate overcast skies and rain and especially SNOW.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
NW Jersey where the cows and corn are still at. Living right on the border of Pa makes it nice since our tobacco taxes are extremly high.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Chicago, which actually has 4 seasons. Can't boast about the politics though...

(Hmmm... maybe I should've posted in the "What Are YOU Smoking" thread.)

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I live in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. I love that I am two blocks off the water and look at Tampa Bay.
balcony-01.jpg

balcony-03.jpg

I love that I can walk everywhere I need to go and only drive my car about two times a month.
I love that there are clubs, bars, restaurants and a playhouse all in walking distance. I just got back from walking to the post office and the grocery store while passing sidewalk cafes and smoking my pipe.
The beach was great yesterday along with the fresh grouper we ate that was caught in the same waters we were swimming in.
The winters are pretty nice too, and being 20 - 30 mins from Tampa airport is nice too.

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
I live in La Mesa California. I'm about 15 minutes east of downtown San Diego. I'm originally a Los Angeles boy (I do like LA, it gets a bad rap)but I really like the San Diego area. Aside from the wonderful weather we have plenty of great roads for riding my motorcycle, a couple of decent sports teams, did I mention the beaches and girls in bikinis? a fun little trolley system, and way more than I can mention here. Plus, there is a wonderful smoke shop not far away.
No, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce

rybo

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
didn't even think of posting pics. here are a few from what i generally see while outside smoking in my hometown
these are from my house looking out towards the road
4897872477_f575afbc2c_z.jpg

4897871521_0b6ed020b2_z.jpg

taken over at a nearby bridge
4898466204_bf801f82c8_z.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
darn, I would hate to mow all that grass. :( Beautiful entrance, now I want to see your house too. :) We could go road racing around your driveway.

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
I am from THE Bronx, New York. I love the proximity to NYC and all it has to offer music wise. I love having short drive access to both the ocean and upstate NY and it's beautiful mountains and countryside. I feel like I have it all.

rybo

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
@hobie haha i used to cut it all when i was 15, 16. took between 4-6 hours on the john deere. nice place to live, though because it's set back from the road a bit but still near all the shops
@bronxbriar as an art guy who loves good, legal spray paint art, i would love to visit the Bronx someday.

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
Here's my home in the Bronx. Just bought it last year. Was in perfect condition. I just put on a new roof and siding(pictured here) and a deck in the back for my smoking pleasure.
020.jpg

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Beautiful West Central Wisconsin here. We also have four seasons. Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter and Road Repair.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Born in LA ,uprooted to Texas as a teen , spent 20 years in Vegas . Now I live north of Houston in the Woodlands . http://www.thewoodlands.com/ I work two blocks away from a job I had 25 years ago . Some might remember what David Letterman had to say about us .http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The+Woodlands . lol life is good .

mrbrandybuck

Might Stick Around
Aug 17, 2010
Massachusetts
I live in Massachusetts and my favorite thing about living here is walking through the woods or along the river smoking a nice pipe and enjoying the wonders of nature.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
I was born and raised on the coast of Maine. There is great salt and freshwater fishing. The neighbors don't bitch if you shoot guns in your yard. It is the best sailing anywhere, the Coast of Maine being an immense exploded archipelago with more than 4600 islands. I've seen a lot of them, but it takes a lifetime to see em all.
I miss Maine, not the snow, or cold, or the salty, brown, winter street slush, but I miss the rest of it.
I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL. now. My wife and I moved here to enter the mega-yachting industry. I'm not a fan, it's damn hot, always loud, drivers are so rude and dangerous. There are no mountains, or hills no contour to the land whatsoever.
I'm running on here. Sorry. Ah Maine.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm from Alabaster, Alabama.

It's about 20 miles South of Birmingham, the home of one of the largest Cast Iron Statues in the world.
Vulcan... known around here as the "Moon Over Homewood"
VulcanCheeks.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Living large in the beautiful Lehigh Valley in eastern Pennsylvania. Actually, Hanover Township just outside of the Christmas City of Bethlehem. 6 major universities and small local theaters for culture, a little over an hour from New York and Philadelphia and real estate taxes that are 1/2 of those in New Jersey. The restaurant scene is markedly better than when we moved here 18 years ago. Only one real good pipe shop ( where I have certain mail delivered) and home to Famous Cigar and Cigar International.

We've been successful, to date, in keeping tobacco taxes down as the tobacco industry is still a major employer in the state.

In about 7 weeks the trees will turn vibrant colors, hawks, eagles and other raptors will pass through on their way south. Great fishing and hunting to boot.

The music scene is by far better than where we lived in central NJ ( I've been a musician for 46 years).

All in all a very pleasant place to domicile.

Status
Not open for further replies.