PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
Interesting responses by all. I was expecting more alcoholic beverages in the posts, but perhaps that is because I'm just a bowl-a-day after work kind of smoker...or maybe I'm just a bit of a lush. 8)
My wife and I haven't been drinking coffee lately but we have been experimenting with several different types of teas. I'll give a few of those a shot and see how well they compliment the pipe. I'm also fond of apple cider so I'll give iamn8's suggestion a try.
As always...thanks for the feedback.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
In the evening, George Dickel rye whiskey: neat or if feeling froggy, a splash of water.

In the summer I have been known to sip Gin and tonics.
I do agree that I.P.A. style of beer while excellent, for whatever reason does not go well with pipe tobacco.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Mostly just water for me. Despite my antiquarian love of the idea of "pipes and brandy", I'm not much of a brandy drinker. I've done Scotch and/or Bourbon in the cigar lounge of a cruise ship, but the combination can be a little rough on my mouth chemistry.

gunslinger

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2014
Coffee all morning. Iced tea in the afternoon and evening. Then hot tea in the late evening.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
When I smoke a pipe I try to drink water and maybe some iced tea. Strong spirits tend to allow young bite more.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
If I want something non-alcoholic I drink water, which is most of the time. If I want some sippin' whiskey it's Knob Creek or Gentleman Jack, depending on what is on hand at the moment. Sometimes a hoppy style beer from a local micro-brewer hits the spot. :puffy:

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Coffee or a nice warm cup of tea when at work, usually a nice warm ( room temp) pint of Guiness at home. The few times I have booze I usually do not smoke. The hard alcohol intensifies the effects of the tobacco, which intensifies the effects of the alcohol, which ....... 8O

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
The only wines I have found to be good companions to the pipe are Malbec and Zinfandel ( NOT White Zin ).
IPA and smoking anything .... I have not found it to taste good either, but some like it.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
If the sun is showing, coffee straight up.
If the sun is elsewhere; any beer you can't get from a walk in cooler at a convenience store.
Please don't explain to my wife why I started getting up before dawn.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I don't always drink any bear I can get in a cooler at a convenience store, but when I do, is because they run out of San Miguel.

san_zpsa85b966e.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Coffee, iced tea or water during work hours. A bit of cognac or fortified wine in the evening. Although with today's below zero temps when I returned from shooting sheep I enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate while warming my fingers around a bowl of "Plumcake."

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I rarely smoke in the morning but my first bowl after supper is usually with a cup of coffee...double cream, no sugar.
I don't usually drink during the week but if I do it's a good rye or bourbon on ice or a nice bold red wine. A good ale will do the trick too.
There is always a glass of water beside me to sip on while smoking and drinking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.