Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
I've seen this referenced in a few threads on this forum, but I wasn't able to find a complete thread focused on this topic. I'm curious what drinks people have found that go well with pipe smoking.
I'm not a real adventurous drinker. Once I find something I like I tend to stick with it. Gentleman Jack and Crown Royal with a bit of ice are my go-to drinks when smoking. On real special occasions I'll break out some Johnny Walker Blue.
My wife and I are primarily wine drinkers. I find that most all of the white wines we drink don't really make smoking taste bad, but they don't really enhance it either. Some of the bold reds work well with smoking.
The worst drink I've had while smoking so far was a bitter IPA what I had last weekend when my brother was in-town. I love the beer...I love smoking...putting those two together made both of them taste awful!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
just goes to show.
coffee with va/pers...and lemoned, sweet ice tea just seems to bring out the best in nightcap.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
Not necessarily booze, but yeah I usually have a liquid refreshment handy. Sometimes just a glass of water especially if it's a large bowl or going to be a long smoke. I find myself feeling dehydrated sometimes if that makes sense. Otherwise I find strong teas tend to go well with most smokes. Coffee often times not so much, which is too bad because I much prefer it.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
This will seem weird to most but I LOVE sipping a very cold glass of Martinelli's Apple Cider. Something about it really compliments the smoke and vice versa. Nummy stuff!! If Liquor I'll go Macallan 18 every time.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
In the morning I have my cup of coffee w/ creamer. Evening I may have a bottle of water or a beer if there are any laying around. A little off from this put I've enjoyed listening to a MN sportscast podcast while I smoke (KFAN's Common Man for those from MN) since I live in VA.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Ice water, lightly flavored ice water, or iced tea for me. I like to have something neutral flavored to cool my mouth when smoking most times. Some times I'll go with a little booze, but usually straight up or over a little ice.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Usually- Earl Grey tea

Late night weekends- Dimple Scotch or Orinoco rum

Holidays- moonshine :mrgreen:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like Black Coffee, Ardbeg, or Real Sugar Coke with my smoke depending on mood, availability, and whether I am driving or not.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Coffee, Iced Tea, or some spiced rum and pineapple juice and soda water for me. I really like brewed Rassberry Ice tea or Cherry Limeade cut 50/50 with Iced Tea with Perique based tobaccos.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Morning: Redbull & pipe

Afternoon: Iced Tea & pipe

Night: Whiskey & pipe
Caution. Whiskey may cause late night jackassy forum comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.