PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I'm not sure when, or really how, but at some point in recent months my pipe simply became about enjoyment. Sure I've got plenty of "bad habits" and sometimes have bowl that I pack wrong or smoke too fast and hot. Sometimes I go for the nic hit, and others for the flavor. Sometimes I try something and it doesn't work, and other times it's golden. If I could give one piece of sound advice to the new pipe smoker it's simply this; Enjoy the journey. Get rid of the expectations and enjoy the wonderful thing that we have in a bowl of tobacco. What ever your blend of choice or pipe expensive or not, don't forget to "smell the roses" (or to tonquin if you go for that sort of thing) and enjoy the moment. Our hobby, habit, or whatever you want to call it, is all about the moment. So enjoy it. Don't worry about the mistakes, some will cost you, but you won't do them again, some will be beautiful and you'll repeat them over and over. There is something special when this thing becomes about the enjoyment.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Like riding a bike: when you get the basics down, you can forget about that stuff and focus on enjoyment.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Ahhhh ... but when will I be able to ride a bike AND smoke a pipe? :)
That's some darn good advice, Tex!

demetrakopoulos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
That's some good advice. Once I stopped worrying about how often I was relighting and just focused on the taste, it's gotten a lot better. If an apocalypse happens and there's a shortage on matches, then I'll think about it, but for now, it's a lot of fun.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Ahhhh ... but when will I be able to ride a bike AND smoke a pipe?
On a serious note, it's very easy and enjoyable to have a pipe while skateboarding. Something about smoking during physical exercise is special.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
On a serious note, it's very easy and enjoyable to have a pipe while skateboarding. Something about smoking during physical exercise is special.
I was doing the very same thing twenty-five years ago. The looks I got made it enjoyable!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I have no idea why smoking during physical activities isn't far more popular... it should be an Olympic sport, a special sub-category in the Tour De France. Riding a bike 2200 miles in a couple of weeks is impressive, but do it while smoking and it becomes far more so.

vlodko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2013
Ukraine
I would be interested to watch a "pipe smoking boxing". And I am afraid I would worry more about pipes that about sportsmen :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.