When Did the Smokable Seconds Bag Drop to 7 Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Newsroom, that is a great story. I don't have any cig smokers left in my circle or I would advocate for the transition as well. I don't push my brother too much, but on the last gambler we smoked the hell out of cobs and a blend by Tacoma Tinderbox called Waffle house. He quit smoking cigs 10 years ago and I am careful not to trigger.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Stopped by MM yesterday.
Phil and Dan are top notch guys. Price increase is essentially for the employees. People working there are not making a lot and when it takes 6 days or so to make a cob and then sell the vast majority of them for $6-7 a piece...
They are pulling from a small town work force and the local gas stations pay a higher hourly rate compared to people turning these pipes.
They are working on events for next years 150th Anniversary that should be awesome! April and September 2019 are the event months.
I believe tobacco tastes different in a cob and currently run a lot of them in my rotation along with my briars and a meer of course :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They are also the pipes I give away to lure new smokers into the fold
download-1.jpg

I just saw that! :rofl:

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The shrink ray is a favorite tool of manufacturers to handle cost increases or increase their take without an explicit price increase. It's probably noticed by fewer people and so provokes less negative reaction.
Beware the Effects of the Grocery Shrink Ray

Ugh. I'm gonna be compulsively checking/weighing my toby tins from now on... 8O

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Thanks,3rdguy -- I didn't know that. If itdhelp the employees I'd willingly pay double.
Duane, I'd say u couldn't believe you missed that, but then I remembered you do it all on phone. I laughed my fat royal butt off when I saw that!!

mathoozula

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2013
I went to MM website to grab a bag of seconds just a time ago. MM were out of seconds grab bags.
Now I know what happened. MM was getting ready for the change in number of pipes in the bag.
I'll still buy at the new price, I need some extra cobs and handout ones.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I just procured a bag this morning myself. Along with a few extra stems. I prefer bent stems to straight, so I added a couple of amber and a couple black to my order, along with a pouch of their Missouri Pride pipe tobacco. I wanted to try a few of the others, but they're still out of stock at the moment. After buying the Charles Towne Cobbler (my first MM pipe), I kept thinking more and more about buying the bag of seconds. The bug finally bit a little too hard and I made my purchase. Looking forward to seeing what I get in my grab bag when it arrives later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.