PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I've been working on the OTC shootout for me. Thus far, I've gone through Carter Hall, and Prince Albert, Sir Walter, and Half & Half. I got some 5 Brothers on the way to try and I'm looking forward to the strength I hear it has. I don't think I'll ever try any Captain Black offerings because they seem too heavily cased.
I think it's come down to Carter Hall and Prince Albert. I like them well enough to keep them around. I'm also gonna try the PA Choice Blend to see if that fares any better. Sir Walter smells the best in the pouch, but there's a bit too much of a chemical taste in the pipe. Half & Half....I tried 2 bowls of that, couldn't make it 1/2 way through either of them. So I guess I didn't care for either half.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Derfargin, 5 Brothers is a love it or hate it for sure. I looove it. One of my favorites right now while I'm waiting for my TAD order. Its pleasantly full, rich, and strong IMO but of course YMMV. Pack it really tight. It's also great for RYO. I think everyone should keep some on hand, its a great mixer. Just a fun baccy to play with, all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.