What's your favorite maker or pipe brand?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I'm an Italian guy I guess. Ardor, Castello, SerJac. I am really hoping to add Alden to this list. (shameless FS plug) :)

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Custom; Baki, Altinok or Yanik.
Factory; Moretti, Ardor. Just about any of the I-Talians. :wink:

Mar 1, 2014
If I were the richest man on Earth I would have a bunch of Jim Cooke sandblasted pipes. Actually, scratch that, even the richest man on Earth probably couldn't get a collection of those.
If we're talking stock, out-of-the-box pipes, I'd take a bunch of Briarworks pipes (and sub-brands Neptune and Icarus). Those things are just about perfect.

That and Missouri Meerschaum, and probably Falcon pipes as soon as I get the chance to look over a few of those.

Missouri Meerschaum, while functionally perfect, are also ripe for customization, it's nice that collectors don't get mad at you for cutting them up.

I'm probably happiest with Cobs just for the entertainment value in the shop.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Looking at my small pipe collection I would have to say Savinelli (5), Missouri Meerschaum (6) and assorted Meerschaums (6). My favorite artisan pipe is a Zac Hamric tortoise

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Rad Davis is tops with 20 of his pipes.

Brian Ruthenberg next with 8 of his pipes

Bruce Weaver with 2 of his but always looking for more.
For Factory pipes, I have the most experience with Castello and loved them all. I would own a bunch if they had hand cut vulcanite stems.

Barling is right there but I have very little experience with them so they may over take Castello because their stems are vulcanite.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Alden Pipes - I have 2 pipes from Ryan, but hope to have a seven day set someday.

Old Nellie Pipes - I have three of Joe's pipes and always interested in adding more.

Lewis Pipes - I've purchased 2 pipes direct from Rich and have added two estates for a total of 4

Status
Not open for further replies.