PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
You'd better hope they get here quick, Ray. -evyl grin-

According to tracking, I'll get them tomorrow. Monday should be a cherry filled day. Got my Altinok Santa Claus meerschaum all cleaned up and ready to go. I always associate cherry blends with Christmas.

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
When you get them do a side by side smoke and let us know what you think of them.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I bought two tins of Cult Blood Red Moon about 8 years ago, opened one and tried to like it several times but found it artificial and cloying so capped it up and put it away in the far corner of my "cellar". After reading this thread I decided to pull it out and try it again. It still had a good seal and was not dried out so I packed a bowl in one of my cobs and tried it again.

Meh! It was actually a little better than I remembered it but I still did not like it all that much. Maybe the additional aging improved it a little. I have some H&H Berry Nice from the same era that I tried again and recall that I liked it the first time, but it's a more natural flavor. I think I agree with Tom. I like some aromatics if they are not too sweet, and enjoy booze flavored Tobaccos, but guess I'm just not a Cherry guy.

I still have an unopened 8 year old tin of Cult Blood Red Moon if anyone wants to offer me an interesting swap.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
You are all a bunch of rapscallion enablers! I managed to never smoke a cherry blend until this thread popped up. The last thing I needed was to try new tobacco. Oh well, here we go.
1. My lady loves the smell. I got approval from the gate keeper.

2. I finally get to smoke my vintage Bjarne pipe (one of the first pipes I ever bought, ghosted with cherry essence).

3. Cherry rope tobacco, now that’s something to put in your pipe.

4. The cobs get to play outside.
Blends: Cult Blood Red Moon, GH Top Black Cherry, GH Black Cherry Twist, Lane Very Cherry, Sutliff Z50 Black Cordial.
Favorite: GH Top Black Cherry

Runner up: Cult BRM and GH Black Cherry Twist
rDVbnnS.jpg

V99lGO5.jpg

RVvXW1N.jpg

lWVXr2F.jpg

6NlWF0d.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Npod, curious what you think of the very cherry..

Jiminks said it best on TR, “A strong cherry flavor is the only reason to smoke this.”
But my gal liked that that one the best. She even dropped the classic, “smells like my Grandpa” verbiage. I think the very cherry is a good blend if you are smoking around nonsmokers or in public. But the GH and Cult are more tobacco forward and in my wheel house.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Sutliff Black Cordial, G&H Top Black Cherry, and HU Cherry Saronno. Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish is pretty good, too.

I imagine the HU Sarronno is quite delicious! Every blend I’ve tried of theirs has been mind blowing, especially their take on aromatics/scented tobaccos. One day I’d like to try all of their offerings but for now I’m stocking up on the ones I already know and love.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Ok well Very Cherry lives up to its name then. Although I'm not ussually an aro smoker, on the occasion that I do smoke one, a tobacco fwd. one seems to defeat the purpose to me. Like the CLV Vanilla is so week in vanilla, if I wasn't told so I wouldn't know it's an aro. Yet some cased non aros seem stronger, like P.S. Lux. twist flake.

Reactions: anotherbob

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Bought a tin of Cult Blood Red Moon and GH Top Black Cherry a few days ago. I love the BRM and smoke it every day, but the TBC is just not for me. I put it in a jar and hope some age will improve it. I couldn't even taste or smell the cherry. I can't even describe the taste, but it's definitely not cherry. The wife told me that she doesn't like the room note and agrees that it doesn't smell like cherry.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
My favorite cherry is Wilke Cherry cavendish. The cherry topping doesn't overwhelm the fine tobaccos and the vanilla black cavendish adds a nice complementary flavor
https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2287/wilke-pipe-tobacco-cherry-cavendish
Another favorite is English Cherry from Park Lane Tobacconist. A similar cherry cavendish blended with a healthy quantity of latakia making for a delicious English aromatic
https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/7854/park-lane-tobacconist-english-cherry

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Rattray's Blossom Temptation ought to be added to others mentioned on this thread. It is a very pleasant smoke on these beautiful spring days. Not a very heavy handed cherry flavour though. More subtle than some other blends mentioned here.

Damo71

Lurker
Oct 20, 2019
I once had a great cherry tobacco called Dark Cherry Delight, I'm not sure on the name but couldnt find it anywhere on Pipes and Cigars where i found it the first time.The casing on that tasted kind of chemical though which i dont like about any tobacco with casings. Normally I smoke Vaper flakes.
Well I tried Peter Stokobey cherry tobacco and can barely taste the casing!! has a nice aroma too but not as nice as that old Dark Cherry Delight..... anyone know that tobacco?
Blood red moon all the way.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I’m not a cherry tobacco fan...too much like cherry NyQuil, compoundEd by a bad experience with cherry Skoal back in high school. That being said, I kind of like Gawith-Hoggarth Top Black Cherry. I find it has a good base tobacco with a much lower “artificial cherry” twang than others.

Reactions: saintpeter
Status
Not open for further replies.