PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
I once had a great cherry tobacco called Dark Cherry Delight, I'm not sure on the name but couldnt find it anywhere on Pipes and Cigars where i found it the first time.The casing on that tasted kind of chemical though which i dont like about any tobacco with casings. Normally I smoke Vaper flakes.
Well I tried Peter Stokobey cherry tobacco and can barely taste the casing!! has a nice aroma too but not as nice as that old Dark Cherry Delight..... anyone know that tobacco?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Not a big cherry tobacco kinda guy but I do enjoy the room note, that being said, I did enjoy Cult Blood Red Moon, I cant see it getting any better than that, it was a very natural flavor of cherries and maybe some chocolate.

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
Lane blends TK6, Black Raspberry (not cherry but a very nice berry flavor) and Dark Red, Sutliff Black Cordial and 4 Noggins Lord Methleys(my favorite of all these) are very enjoyable for me. Have a tin of Cult but haven’t cracked it yet. Hope this helps!

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I haven't tried Blood Red Moon cherry, I went through a cherry phase right before it came out. Out of the five or so I tried the far and away favorite was (and is still) Lane Very Cherry bulk from P&C. I still enjoy it on very rare occasion in a Bamboo stem Road town I dedicated to it. Definitely worth grabbing an ounce.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Not much into cherry—not trying to get dates. I'm told Himalayan Blend has a cherry note/flavour. Don't notice much of the taste, but maybe the room note is cherry.
Got a tin of Top Black Cherry, but haven't smoked it much.
Interested in Sillem's Red.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm of the group that finds cherry blends off-putting. I've smoked them, but not with great pleasure. I like whiskey, rum, bourbon, and liqueur flavorings, and vanilla is okay. Backed up by the right tobacco(s), I might go along with it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sutliff Black Cordial, G&H Top Black Cherry, and HU Cherry Saronno. Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish is pretty good, too.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I've tried 4 or 5 cherry flavour mixtures and the one I liked the best (by a country mile) was Peter Heinrichs Chateau Henri Nr. 48 which I found had the most natural cherry flavour, of the ones I've tried anyway.
Chris.

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
I tried some G&H Top Black Cherry recently and enjoyed it greatly. It also changed my idea of what a cavendish tobacco is. On that front it was eye opening. I think it could easily be a regular tobacco in my rotation.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
There are a lot of great cherries out there. My favorite that, I deeply cellar, is GH Top Black Cherry. If you prefer the more candied cherry, Lane Very Cherry does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.