PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Agreed. Trout Stream is my favorite, but I only get it ocassion because of price. The alternative is Lane 1 Q. (Sorry, I can't get the variety I'd like; when I can I get Cult.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Maybe I am incorrect, but Prince Albert is not in my manner of thinking, an aromatic. I am however, talking specifically about the red can/red pouch variety of Prince Albert. If there are aromatic versions I am unfamiliar with, please let me know.

Referring to Red Can, i consider it an aromatic given it’s pleasant coco waft & toppings.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
Figgy Pudding and Rivendell by The Country Squire. There are a lot of others I like, but off the top of my head I'd say Peter Stokkebye's Danish Gold and Danish Black, and/or the Newminster equivalents of those. MacBaren's 7 Seas Regular. Brigadier Black Waterloo.

Reactions: Akousticplyr

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
Blackberry Winter from Ted’s Pipe Shoppe in Tulsa is excellent. Killarney and County Cork are favorites too.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Queen Anne’s Revenge (also Blackbeard’s flagship) is very enjoyable, with a nice taste and texture as well as being the only tobacco that my wife has admitted to liking the smell of.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
So what is your favorate affordable aromatic?

There is none in this household.

P.S. On another note I have had a can of Three Oaks Syrian sitting in my drawer for quite a while now, I'm thinking of cracking that open.

Much better idea! Enjoy!

Liked it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This thread intrigues me because I keep trying to think of which bulk aromatics I've enjoyed, and I've tried a few. In the strict sense, I don't include pouch or bag tobacco, just the leaf you buy by the ounce that comes in a ziplock. I enjoyed an order of Queen Anne's Revenge, but eventually got tired of it and found other tinned rum blends I like better. Right now, my top pick -- not a bulk blend -- is Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, which is burley based with Virginia as a condiment and three liqueurs as flavoring. But it is a pouch and tub blend, not bulk. True of Iwan Ries Three Star Blue as well. I'll keep working my memory bank, but so far, nothing.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and dcon
Status
Not open for further replies.