PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
My favorite aro is SG Firedance Flake, I really wish it was available as bulk. Right now, my favorite bulk aro is G&H #7 Broken Flake. Really want to try their Cherry Cream Flake and see if I like it as much as I suspect I will.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Agree! Can’t go wrong with The Country Squire. So many nice blends to choose from. I’d also recommend their Rivendell and Honey Rose.

if you can find it, Seattle Pipe Club’s Columbia River is a superb aro (to me anyway).

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how smooth Cult’s Abacus and Conspiracy smoke also.

I’m sorry you did say bulk. Oops. The first two blends then haha

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
For me, I like the easiness of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic. No muss, no fuss ... simple... consistent.... reliable.

With that said, I still prefer Sir Walter Raleigh (regular, non-aromatic) even more... as I tend to have used aromatics mostly as bowl “toppers”... meaning I would typically fill a bowl perhaps 3/4 ths - 4/5ths full of a “plain” ”unadorned” leaf, and then have a topping of an aromatic to give an initial, positive room note.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My favorite aro is SG Firedance Flake, I really wish it was available as bulk. Right now, my favorite bulk aro is G&H #7 Broken Flake. Really want to try their Cherry Cream Flake and see if I like it as much as I suspect I will.
You can buy it by the 1/2 lb box. ?

I want to try the cherry cream flake too but none of their shit is EVER available anymore :(

• Wow
Reactions: rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
For me, I like the easiness of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic. No muss, no fuss ... simple... consistent.... reliable.

With that said, I still prefer Sir Walter Raleigh (regular, non-aromatic) even more... as I tend to have used aromatics mostly as bowl “toppers”... meaning I would typically fill a bowl perhaps 3/4 ths - 4/5ths full of a “plain” ”unadorned” leaf, and then have a topping of an aromatic to give an initial, positive room note.
Also, 50-50 SWR-SWRA is one of the best over the counter smokes one can get, imho. And I don't have to go any further than my local grocery store for it!

Reactions: BROBS

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Gawith & Hoggarth Black & Brown is good. Lane LL7 & Prince Albert are the others I enjoy.
Maybe I am incorrect, but Prince Albert is not in my manner of thinking, an aromatic. I am however, talking specifically about the red can/red pouch variety of Prince Albert. If there are aromatic versions I am unfamiliar with, please let me know.

Jun 23, 2019
Firedance Flake on top of a nice full Balkan is the finest "crossover" I've ever had!

If you enjoy SG/G&H stuff, the former's Balkan Flake and the latter's Rum Flake would probably be worth looking into. The Balkan Flake is one of my favorites. And even the recent productions have been holding up. Definitely can't say that about some of their other products though...

40th Anniversary over straight Yenidje is a favorite of mine.

I love parfaiting the 40th over a number of "cheap blends"! A recent favorite is a third of 40th packed onto 2/3rd Smokers' Haven EXOTIQUE. Somewhat a cheap imitation of your dynamic duo.

Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.