PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Merton

You might want to try one or more of the MacBaren seven seas series. They are available both in bulk and tinned and are reasonably priced. At a higher price, Dan tobacco blends Milonga (vanilla caramel) and Devil's Holiday (sweet berry) are great. Be mindful though that particularly D.H. is a love it or hate it blend and is stronger in every way than other aromatics. Hawky's suggestion regarding Blue Note is also a good one. Dan tobacco uses high quality tobacco, topping and casing. They are generally more expensive but worth the price for the quality.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Lately I’ve been enjoying the Rocky Patel Prohibition and I got a pound of Sutliff’s Queen Anne’s Revenge that I also like. (Rum! That was the name of Blackbeard’s flagship!)

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
My all time favorte bulk aro has to be a mix of Lane's 1Q and BCA in a 50-50 mixture. IMHO, You can't get any better than that in a bulk aro...I also have developed a liking for Sutliff's African Queen and their Sunset Rum. But these days, more often than not, I smoke English/Aromatic, split the difference blends, such as Lane's HGL or Sutliff's 504C or Kramer's blend for Danny Kay. I find that they smoke cooler, are more satisfying and unlike even the most mild aro, they have no bite no matter how hard you push them.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
1Q is an easy go to smoke. Light sweet sent and taste. Great room note. Ladies likey.

Kentucky nugget is similar but has a bit more bite to it.

Macbetens Vanilla Cream is nice but it has a heavy casing and is a little gummy from the tin.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I also like Borkum Riff Bourbon, but I think of it as a pouch rather than a bulk tobacco. Bulk I think of as bought by the ounce and shipped in a ziplock bag. I'm splitting hairs perhaps. I've not encountered aromatic tobaccos in bulk, except for these pouch blends, that I enjoy as much.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Try: John Patton's 'STORM FRONT" @ 4Noggins. Great tobacco blend, def not the usual OTC. Sweet smoking, mild with flavor, nice aroma....good stuff.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
My vote goes to Trout Stream or Country Squire Rivendale.
Agree! Can’t go wrong with The Country Squire. So many nice blends to choose from. I’d also recommend their Rivendell and Honey Rose.

if you can find it, Seattle Pipe Club’s Columbia River is a superb aro (to me anyway).

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how smooth Cult’s Abacus and Conspiracy smoke also.

Status
Not open for further replies.