PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

literaryworkshop

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2014
Mobile, AL
Well, on eBay, it only takes two motivated buyers to send an item's price way past reasonable. But that's economics (and psychology) for you.
And yeah, there are a lot of people who are collectors, and serious collectors will put serious money into filling holes in their collections. I know guys who collect certain kinds of hand tools, and they go to great lengths to acquire a complete set of whatever kind of tool (type, maker, model, or whatever) that they're collecting. Other guys pursue things made by exclusive "boutique" shops and are always on the lookout for "early" examples of a maker's work.
So yeah, it's probably the name that's selling this pipe. I doubt that whoever ultimately buys it will spend much time smoking it.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I don't think I'd pay anything for the pipe, not that the $20.00 wouldn't get me a pipe to smoke but because I couldn't stand looking at it. lie perhaps set out to to make an ugly pipe? I've seen by pipes that are unattractive, but for the most part she makes beautiful pipes with unique accents in finish, including her carved stems.

Status
Not open for further replies.