PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Hey everyone. Well we have had quite a week here in North Texas. The past week we have had a half an inch of ice followed by 6 inches of rain. Same day I might add. Power outages are still going around as the trees are not used to that much ice and are falling on the lines throughout the counties. I work 100 miles away from the home and the truck has been stuck since then and we are expected another inch or two today. I guess you could say that spring is just around the corner and it is just father winter or the winter warlock trying to make one last ditch effort to make it white before it gets to hot.
What is the weather like where you are at this week? Would you say it is a good weather, decent or just plain bad?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Chicago had some temperature swings in late Jan. and early Feb., but the last week of Feb. promises to be mild (50's). Snow and rain this winter have been below normal, on average -- but in March, anything goes! If you like to experience all of the seasonal changes, Chicago is usually accomodating.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
N. CA- Unusually warm the last month, now our first cold and rainy snap. Thank heavens! About 40º now at 7 a.m. It should hit 65º by noon.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Mild temps mostly. Lows in the low 40s and highs approaching the 60s. Even had a couple days in the upper 70s.

But the rain.. oh the rain. It's never ending.
Makes you want to pull out your oldest British pipes, your top coat and hat, and call everyone Guvnuh.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Well I'm glad to see that we are not the only ones having weird weather this year.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I am in Western Illinois and it has been one weird month. From over a foot of snow and below zero to almost 60 degrees and now 40 and raining. Lots of flooding happening on the Mississippi River today.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I'm with you there. I work in air conditioning and heating even though our busy time is the summer when its ungodly hot, I much prefer the cold weather. Sit in the recliner listening to movie scores, smoking a nice cob with a pot of coffee. Not to mention the programming is much better around the holidays than in the summer.

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Humid and warm. I wouldn't mind having the pond freeze for another 6 weeks, and it's no joke. I like the cold and snow. I sleep and breathe a whole lot better.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Just south of you in Austin, we're catching the mild edge of the same ups and downs as you.
When you were having ice, we dipped into the mid 30's. Your 6" of rain have translated onto 6 days of off and on mist and drizzle and "who stole the sun?"
I love sunny days and riding my bike years round, which is primarily why I'm still here. But, we get our full share of 100*+ days, so I've learned to appreciate anything else, as well.
jay-roger.jpg

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
Rubbish, I live in Birmingham, England, it hasn't got above -1C (30F) for quite a while now and seems to be staying in the same pattern going into March, which is pretty unheard of. I can't wait for the Spring weather to pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.