PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Friend saw Rammstein live a few months ago. Said it was the most entertaining concert he'd ever gone to. I'd love to see Seether play "Broken" with Three Days Grace. Seen the youtube vids of previous shows, but I'd love to hear that in person.

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
Rammstein would defiantly be a great show, +1 on seeing them. Another is anything this band has ever done, and they are Coheed and Cambria!!!

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Stravinsky's "The Firebird" on it's first performance in Paris, 1910...if I had a time machine. Since I don't...I would love to see Motorhead do anything.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Absolutely anything by my great friend, the late Gary Moore.

triprolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2009
TN
You guys have put up some great songs and thanks to today's technology we get some idea of the songs via youtube.
My choice would be anything by Jethro Tull or White Lion.
Being a musician, I can't stand a lot of the music of today because it's overproduced with loops and and stuff which makes it difficult to pull off live. I like it raw. Just a rock band that can jam!

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
I saw Tull about 40 years ago at Madison Square Garden and till this day still wonder how Ian Anderson stood on one leg for the entire 4 plus hour show!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm showing my age... but I would have loved to experienced anything from the early Fleetwood Mac...

No top 40 for me.
Kiln House
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km_mGygnjbE&feature=related
Bare Trees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYfKe1-0Pw&feature=related
Mystery to Me (I love the imagery of this cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3SqYMgKhsk&feature=related

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Guys n Gals,

I really have to post this. I have wanted to for a while and now seems like the perfect time.
The following is an excerpt from the program of the Closing Night of Fleetwood Mac's Tusk World Tour. (Great concert by the way.) But, that isn't the subject... Here goes.
Lindsey Buckingham: "So we sat around, and wrote a few more songs until Lee got himself a deal with Polydor, and we cut an album: 'Buckingham Nicks' - Polydor 5058 - Nov 1975... but the record stiffed out, and we were back to square one." ....
"Well, our musical activities weren't bringing in abundant amounts of money so, rather than get involved in scenes we, couldn't relate to, we took jobs... Stevie worked as a waitress..... And I worked for an agency - sitting on the phone and soliciting advertisements... It wasn't the most spectacular of lifestyles...
"During this time, despite the hardships, we had complete faith in what we were trying to do. We had these managers who were trying get us to do "Top 40" stuff: they said they could get us all the gigs we could handle, if only we'd be prepared to play that king of music - but Stevie and I knew that if we did, we'd lose whatever musical direction we had, and we didn't want to prostitute ourselves. So we resisted that and, as a result, got no gigs..... nobody wanted to hear Buckingham Nicks doing their own songs."
Well........ almost nobody - because we had this very strange localized success..... a little pocket of isolated Buckingham Nicks mania! Of the few gigs we'd done, two were in Birmingham Alabama; the first was opening for Mountain, and the second was opening for Poco... and for some reason, we really caught fire in that town. Some DJs had picked up on the album, and it was a huge success there - so we went down a storm! If nowhere else in the world, Buckingham Nicks were stars in Birmingham Alabama".
"It so happens that our last gig as Buckingham Nicks was at Birmingham just after we'd joined Fleetwood Mac. As a result of our 2 previous gigs, we were booked as the headline act, and the line-up was: Stevie Nicks - Vocals; Lindsey Buckingham - guitar/vocals.... So we topped the bill to an audience of 7,000 and Bucking Nicks went out on a much higher note than anyone had expected".
I was there....

The one that didn't get away.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfjY1Ivnq5E&feature=related

:puffy:

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I have seen a lot of the bands from the 80's live. Maiden, Dio, Rush, Sammy Hagar, AC/DC, .38 Special (who were a lot better than expected), Quiet Riot, Styx, even Uriah Heep (although they were more a 70's band).
Can also think of a lot of bands I missed, but wish to have seen. Floyd, Zeppelin, Talking Heads, J. Geils Band, Stones, Who, and on and on and on....

onemangang

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2011
I've never seen Pink Floyd. I saw the last show the Dead played in Atlanta before Jerry died. Going to see Widespread Panic this October. It looks like this might be their last tour for a while.

For some reason, I would really like to see Justin Townes Earle. I am afraid his time on this good earth might be short.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Gary Moore's dead? DAMMIT!
And in other news, I wouldn't mind seeing Deep Purple around the Machine Head era, or if I'm feeling a bit more eclectic I'd try to see Neutral Milk Hotel before the lead singer went crazy.
EDIT: Also, I want to see Mahavishnu Orchestra, back in their peak years. I've been systematically hunting down their golden age vinyl, and it sounds amazing.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I've seen Pink Floyd twice... Animals, and Dark Side of the Moon.

Also, Who x 2, Emerson Lake and Palmer x 4, Fleetwood Mac x 2, Elton John x 3, Chicago x 2, Robin Trower (Radar Love), Yes x 6, REO Speedwagon and others less memorable (which would include the Rolling Stones... crappy concert, sounded like S#!+.)

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Ah well...... if we are talking about Robin Trower, then,"Bridge of Sighs", but only when played by the original Line Up which featured yet another dear, departed, friend Jimmy Dewar on Bass and Vocals.

Saw them last on the occasion of Robin's 60th Birthday, yes he has still got it.

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
Wow alot of stuff I have NEVER heard of and alot I have this is pretty cool. Another band I'd love to see is Queensyrche playing Silent Lucidity!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.