Whats The Oldest Sealed Tin of Tobacco You Have Ever Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Indeterminate. I'd guess five to ten years. Haven't gone for any certified oldies. However, tins do wander around in the inventory, and at the blender. Now I have some in my stash (not really a cellar) that probably have at least seven years on them. I would point out that some of my pipes that I bought new have definitely attained estate status in terms of age and use.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
A long time ago, when smoking was commonplace in pubs and such, I stepped away from the busy core of a work Christmas party to a quieter bar section to get away from all the drunken shop talk. The husband of a co-worker saw me with my pipe and insisted that I try some of his early 1960's Mac Baren Club Blend (it would have been a little over 30 years old at the time). After some smoke and learning something about aging Virginia from my new friend, I was convinced that I'd had one of the best bowls of my sophomore pipe smoking experience; I've been squirreling the stuff away here and there ever since.
Fast-forward a few years, and a small portion of my tins and several codger tubs are about 30 years old. Back then, to me, it wasn't cellaring; it was hoarding, for a rainy day I really never expected to come. I'm finally starting to see rain in the forecast.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
4500 years old. No kidding. I got five pounds of "Pharaoh's Blend" that was found in an Egyptian tomb back in the 1920's and smuggled out.
Wow I'm amazed you actually managed to secure some of this. I heard it's a golden cavendish blend with a hint of fire-cured blended in. I'm sure it provides scintillating taste and flavorful aroma.
I'm going to have to wait a while for to smoke an aged blend, though I do have a 4 year old tin of Brunello Flake just waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.