PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
3 Shows I watch Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead. Best three shows on tv. Other than that it is just Netflix.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead and pretty much anything about serial killers. I used to love a show called Brimstone, featuring John Glover as the Devil. Awesome show, but it got cancelled. Believe it or not, I also followed Joan of Arcadia! That show got canned just as it was hitting its stride, I thought.
I'm a bit of an oddball as I don't watch sports, except Gold Cup and World Cup football (soccer, for my fellow Americans).

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I only religiously watch the walking dea, other than that I switch between discovery, hiistory and comedy central. Period. Hopefully I can watch something there, usually I read though

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
We don't own a TV (I guess it's been about 8 years now), but we have internet and watch Netflix shows from time to time. I find it difficult to talk to some people - since I have no idea what programs are showing now. The last time we had a TV, the most popular show was "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
There are lots of great shows! At the moment I like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, The Office, Parks & Recs and Big Bang Theory. I'm also watching Supernatural, starting from season 1.
Pawn Stars, Whale Wars, Masterchef (the british version), Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares are other ones I enjoy if they happen to be on when I turn on the TV.
Why do I think the last decade has been a true golden age for TV? (Shows like House, Band of Brothers among many others)

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Not sure if they've been mentioned, but Justified and Sherlock (BBC/PBS) are consistently great.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Cheap sensationalism, brainwashing Sheeple and offering programming just entertaining enough to keep them from noticing how far the wool is being pulled over their eyes. :wink:

Jul 15, 2011
We ditched cable when we moved into the apartment 5 months ago, and honestly, I don't miss it in the slightest. I pay $8 a month for a Netflix subscription, and that keeps me more than happy. Between a few pretty decent movies and a lot of old TV shows that I enjoy and can watch any time, it's good enough for me. I was at my parents house last night and watched an episode of Charlie Sheens new show "Anger Management." That dude and everyone associated with that show needs to hang it up immediately if not sooner.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Cheap sensationalism, brainwashing Sheeple and offering programming just entertaining enough to keep them from noticing how far the wool is being pulled over their eyes
More like connoisseurs of fine entertainment. :lol:

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
Pretty much the only thing I look forward to is Beavis & Butthead. Anything else is just cannon fodder to fill up time. World Of Jenks is good too.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Nope. Every time I go to a friend of family member's house I am reminded why I don't pay for TV. Most of it is the lowest form of trash I could imagine.
+1
Cheap sensationalism, brainwashing Sheeple and offering programming just entertaining enough to keep them from noticing how far the wool is being pulled over their eyes. [:wink:]
+1
I find it difficult to talk to some people - since I have no idea what programs are showing now.
+1
We don't have cable. We do have Netflix and watch a few shows but that's minimal.
We were visiting my parents last week and watched some show on DIY called 'Kitchen Crashers' and I thought 'What the hell has happened to people's attention spans?!?' because this show couldn't focus on a single item without the camera moving, zooming, rotating or flashing for more than 2 seconds. Between that and the constant sexual innuendo's (really, it's a kitchen renovation show...) I was happily reaffirmed in our decision to be cable free.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I have a Roku streaming device I get Netflix Hulu+ Acorn tv(British) thats all I pay for so I can catch up on any shows that way. I went from paying $160+ a month for cable and internet to less then $40 a month really the only thing I miss about cable TV is Baseball.. I like to take a lazy day and watch 4 or 5 episodes of what ever TV show I may be in to all at once.. and with this Roku I get over 100 free channels that have movies and sports and TVshows like Seinfeld Barney Miller ect ect those are on Crackle so I'm happy with what I watch I think what some people watch is crap but I dont have to watch it with them very often

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
"The Walking Dead" on AMC is about the only thing worth watching these days (although the comic book is better.) I don't watch much TV anymore either.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
I must admit that we watch some garbage from time to time. Anything Gordon Ramsey is OK by us. Can't wait for that Hotel Hell show to start. We watch Walking Dead of course. Netflix is a great thing as we can pick and choose, we're waiting for the second season of Sherlock to show up there and I'm watching the Jeremy Brett incarnation in the meantime. There's good TV out there to be found, it just takes a little effort I guess.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I like old westerns. Time was they had half a dozen on each week like Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, and Death Valley Days. I guess your likes/dislikes in TV is like everything else-depends on your taste and age primarily. Sitcoms are about as stupid as it gets. Some of the best I've seen on TV this past year have been Band of Brothers, The Green Mile, Titanic discoveries and The Hatfield's and McCoy's. I'd like to see the Lone Riders again or Once Upon a Time in the West. Those are excellent movies.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings all,
TCM. Turner Classic Movies is about all I sit down and watch anymore.
And, of course, Top Gear(UK) on BBC America. Best show on TV!
Just a reminder:

TCM is showing the best pipe smoking movie of all time, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse, this Sunday, July 15th at 4:30pm EST.
blandingsTitle.jpg

thumbnailCAZ9PP40.jpg
mbbhdh-31.jpg

CACooper

Status
Not open for further replies.