PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pcfdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2021
Can’t wait. Getting on Sunday the match comparisons recommendations of the Brigadoon. Going to smoke them side by side and post a review of my thoughts.

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Smoke it. Life’s too short and tomorrow is never guaranteed. Play that old vintage guitar, ask out the beautiful woman, drink the limited edition liquor, smell the flowers and marvel at the sunsets. Smoke the wonderful tobacco.
I agree with the above. One caveat, though...when I did this, I made the mistake of drinking the liquor first. As a result, I asked out the flowers, played the sunsets, marveled at the guitar, and smelled the beautiful woman. :confused:

Don't even ASK what I did with the wonderful tobacco... 😬

pcfdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2021
Well in unscientific fashion it happened today. Thanks to this community, I took the recommendations and smoked them side by side today with great hopes of finding a continuing blend that matched my "Brigadoon" from Cascade Cigar. The notes below are the exact opposite of my following of hundreds of Jiminks reviews which I love. Lol. Took some pictures just to make this post a little bit more exciting. The pipes used were Missouri Meerschaum mini corn cob pipes which are a true novelty but great for sampling stuff.

Brigadoon match competition

1. Lane bulk HGL

Smell: light Latakia and light spice

Visual: bright Virginia’s, brown Virginia’s,
and Cavendish, and a little bit of Latakia

Review: sweet mouthful. Hardly taste Latakia. Having a hard time locating what kind of sweet I am tasting. Super mild. Nothing complex or hanging on in terms of taste. A bit acrid of a lingering mouth taste shortly thereafter. Wouldn’t want to smoke more of this. Really wanted a Brigadoon match and this isn't it.

1. Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Bulk

Smell. More Latakia. English blend scent. Little sweetness

Visual. Bright and brown Virginia. Latakia. And maybe some Cavendish

Review. Sweet smoky. Surprised how un-english it tastes. Would smoke this again but wouldn’t chase it down. Too many other good stuff. Also not a Brigadoon match.

1. Cascade Cigar Brigadoon (8 years old)

Visual: Dark Virginia. Lots of cavendish. Maybe some Latakia.

Smell: Confectionary. Chocolate.

The write up from Cascade’s website (under English blends but it smells completely like an aromatic). Rich in Latakia spiced with the very best Oriental leaf. This fine English is mellowed out with stoved Virginia. This blend is aged to bring out the harmonious blending of the worlds finest exotic tobaccos. An English lovers perfect blend.

Review:. So sweet it tastes like an aromatic. More milk chocolate vs dark. Maybe vanilla vs caramel flavor. Not goopy. By far the smoothest, maybe because of the aging. Coming back to it surprises me how much I enjoy it when I very rarely smoke an aromatic. I enjoy Vaper’s and English blends on cold days. But this stuff whether it’s nostalgia or simply great is so good! I have never had another blend that I would say tastes like this - it’s not cherry, rum, or all the other typical aromatic flavors. Something of it’s own that I enjoy and just can’t pin down.

Below are some pics of side by sides of the tobacco of which you can see the differences and I had to add a picture since I downgraded from a short video of my review. (sorry no tech skills to turn the photos around. Lol). Cheers to everyone to gave me input and direction. Truly enjoyed the process!

Attachments

• tempImagelTNmRw.png
    tempImagelTNmRw.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • tempImageqQOuEa.png
    tempImageqQOuEa.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 8