Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I was reading puffnotsnuff's thread about names and @warren gave me a great idea for a thread.. What is or was your nickname?

A while back, a fellow on the forum wondered if Briarman would be a cool nickname..

I never really had one.. I ran a sheetrock crew of ex-cons and they all started calling me J-Money. I quite liked the name, pretty gangster i'd say.

Never had one growing up in school, I always saw it as a bad thing..Maybe I refused to let one stick.

As a chubby kid with little to no ass, my pants would fall down and my crack would hang out.. I can still hear my father, "Pull your pants up, or you'll get a nickname!"

I never figured out the nickname he had in mind.. crackster? The moon man? Who knows..

Jan 27, 2020
It was hard for me to settle on a nickname. I compiled a list of nicknames the summer before freshman year of high school and tested them out on a variety of subjects, mostly people in the town that I grew-up in who didn't know my, many of them were drunks because I would often make my introductions when I skated my skateboard up to the George Washington Tavern in the afternoon, but not all. I more of less used a script, including practicing my body language. So, I would skate up to someone, let's say the person was a 40yo white man, smoking out side of the George Washington Tavern, holding his pants up with one hand, and appearing to "feel no pain", do an ollie over some discarded beer bottles, and when near the subject kick up my skateboard, flick my Tony Hawk hair out of my eyes and say: "Hello mister. Enjoying your Marlboro cigarette? My name is Theodore, never Ted, but all of my many friends call me Longsword!". Well, I must of went through that scenario over 100 times over that summer, trying to get the perfect name for my start in high school, after many conversations, and much trial and error I ended up settling with Mighty Pimpin', and I was called that through-out high school by both the students and teachers.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
My nickname is Amish Tyrant from junior year in high school. I had Amish-like mutton chops, so the name fit and I created my own logo (which is currently my avatar here).

The name stuck through high school and in various kitchens along the way (where I cooked for 18 years through schooling and moonlighting to pay off student loans in under 10 years).

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Cigar Asylum took to calling me “Ads” instead of Adam and for some reason it stuck with some of them. Had a gf when i was younger that called me Josh because my middle name is Joshua but she was hot and sexed me so that was fine with me, then of course there is always “dick”, “asshole”, “you fckin Jew” and several other things all by my close circle of friends ?

Never heard of someone making up their own nickname. Hmm call me Master Blaster!!!

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Growing up in rural central California, never had a nickname. Enlisted in the Air Force when I was 17. As you can imagine when you’re in the military you work with people from all walks of life. Well, the big city kids were amused by my “country” up bringing and added on Bob to my name to fit my personality. For example, Joe Bob had to milk the cows every morning before going to school. Yeah, I might of also have been “that guy” who was like…….somebody hold my beer and hey y’all, watch this! I still have to work on that behavior to this day. You know the old saying, “you can take the boy outta the trailer park but you can’t take the trailer park outta the boy”?

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
L
Growing up in rural central California, never had a nickname. Enlisted in the Air Force when I was 17. As you can imagine when you’re in the military you work with people from all walks of life. Well, the big city kids were amused by my “country” up bringing and added on Bob to my name to fit my personality. For example, Joe Bob had to milk the cows every morning before going to school. Yeah, I might of also have been “that guy” who was like…….somebody hold my beer and hey y’all, watch this! I still have to work on that behavior to this day. You know the old saying, “you can take the boy outta the trailer park but you can’t take the trailer park outta the boy”?

The trailer park stays.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I did basicat Benning in 1989, we had 2 guys with the last name Miller in our bay, one black one white, Drills started calling them Miller Dark and Miller Lite, i can only imagine the stupid shit storm that would cause today but even the millers went with it. ?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
From 1972 till 1990 my nickname was Dr Feel Good. When My sister wanted to piss me off she would call me hairy ass, the long version of Harris. If she did it to try and embarrass me in front of here friends then I would let lose a torrent of C words and any other foul thing I could come up with. Salad tosser she really hated. I would never start as all I cared about was getting into the good graces of her friends, which was always the ultimate goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
back in two thousand I had an ifro and sideburns big suckers(still do by the way) and was in a long distance relationship which meant I was taking the bus... Dudes called me wolverine at the harrisburg bustation every dang time. So that became a nickname. This ones weird I got it twice. When I was in school the teacher called me Doctor Bob then when I started working I got it again, I got it the second time because when I'd talk to doctors (worked in the office end of the medical industry [nightmare]) a few of them asked my boss what hospital I worked at or what my specialty was. Though the most persistent was Pope because of my name when I was on social media. Which when I joined wouldn't let me use my real name without proof so I put the stupidest most unlikely thing I could think of off the top of my head and the dumb place was like o.k.. Side note on that if you have a post go viral like you go make lunch and come back and there are several thousand likes, your first thought is oh great the websites broke.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and kurtbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I said before that I was known in high school as The Cornfed Colossus. Some names ive heard are: Big Guy, Hoss, and Gaint. I call everyone the same nickname: Boss.
oh one guy I work with who nicknames everyone calls me cowboy and I have no freaking clue why. None. Now cupcake and binky both those guys I know why he calls them that. And you reminded me of that dude cause before you get a nickname you're chief.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and kurtbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
When I was a little kid I was often called Scotty Potty and Scott Toilet Paper...usually on the playground and by my friends.
Bob the Slob and our Scotty was Snotty Scotty (even though he wasn't snotty). I swear kids must not be doing that shit so much. Cause I'll met kids with names that would have made them targets of viciousness and they seem carefree in a way a kid that's picked on never quite gets to. (that kind of carefree that says someday you'll find out what a problem is.)