PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
he's not cheap but one of,if not the best
That tends to be the way of the world. Pay the money in the beginning and have a product that is trouble free for years and years or save a few and sometimes a bunch of Penny's but fight the damn thing tell it breaks. I seldom find going check to with it.

Reactions: paulfg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Yikes. Thats a handsome pipe it's too bad it's finniky. As of now I don't own a single briar. Only Cobs and a pair of Meerschaums. The up keep on briars came across as intimidating in the begining so I went the other direction. That said my experience with the Meerschaum has been over all wonderful. The gifted cheap antique I have isnt the Absolute best or most pleasant to smoke from but my AKB Tekin has been a pure blessing. Especially for a new guy as it doesn't matter how I pack that thing as long as the tobacco isn't cling to the walls sticky and I don't try to put 4x my normal amount of baccy in it she will just smoke. Every single damn time without fail. Couldn't be happier.
That is great you are enjoying what you have. That is what most pipe smokers are like. We have our favorite pipes, tobacco, stems, weights and a thousand other minutia. People think I am crazy for using loads of pipe cleaners on my pipe once it has cooled. My psychosis runs the entire pipe gambit. The years of age on my tobacco, my addiction for American artisan pipes. the stem on a pipe, the shape of the pipe( I love the classics), the shank dimensions, the button. It just keeps going.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You could try Meerschaum Depot who sell pipes through Pipes and Cigars who are a sponsor of this august forum. They actually make an entire line of 'cutty' pipes copied from my collection and sold under my name believe it or not! I do not receive any commission on these pipes and nor is this a paid endorsement since the owner Ramazan is a personal family friend to boot!

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I'd stick with IMP, Altinay, SRV, and Baki.
Ditto. I bought this pipe on Etsy, I think for around 100 bucks U.S. The dang shank broke after about 20 smokes. The head of the poor thing just suddenly plopped to the floor and rolled around. I didn't abuse it or ever drop it. Weird. It was allegedly block meerschaum and smoked quite well. Maybe it was just a flawed piece or something, but you know, once burnt, twice shy, caveat emptor, etc.

zeus.jpg

zeus2.jpg

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Ditto. I bought this pipe on Etsy, I think for around 100 bucks U.S. The dang shank broke after about 20 smokes. The head of the poor thing just suddenly plopped to the floor and rolled around. I didn't abuse it or ever drop it. Weird. It was allegedly block meerschaum and smoked quite well. Maybe it was just a flawed piece or something, but you know, once burnt, twice shy, caveat emptor, etc.

View attachment 104706

View attachment 104707
Too bad, that's quite a nice looking pipe to my eyes ...

Reactions: HopHand