What the Antique Store Had for Me This Weekend

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Preferred Member
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Seems like there is always something there. Nothing great this time, just a trio of three English Mades.
In the front is a Dulwich straight grain, a brand I had never heard of, but appears to be of good pedigree.
The middle pipe a Duncan. This is the second one of those in my collection. It also seems to be of slightly uncommon quality.
The rear pipe is stamped Mountain Climb and 9465, which is a GBD number for this same shape.

All three could use a good a little restoration but for now I think just a good cleaning and polishing will do.

jkrug

Preferred Member
Jan 23, 2015
A great trio for sure and they look to be in very nice shape. :puffy:

tuold

Preferred Member
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Don't you love antique shop finds. How much did they cost you?
The pipes were six bucks each.
I've scoped out 3 or 4 other local places. When I ask them about pipes they always look at me like I just asked for punch in the face. I'm glad I've got this one store that haves something for me just about every time I go in.

tennsmoker

Preferred Member
Jul 2, 2010
tuold: Love the haul and at a very nice price.
Like you, I enjoy browsing in antique shops whenever I can and wherever I can. I once picked up a 4-dot Sasieni for $20. I still think that was a steal.

pappymac

Preferred Member
Feb 26, 2015
Like you, I enjoy browsing in antique shops whenever I can and wherever I can. I once picked up a 4-dot Sasieni for $20. I still think that was a steal.
Very true and that's why I don't mind taking my wife to antique/collectibles shops and malls. My best find so far has been a La Savinelli Giubileo D'Oro 510 KS (bulldog) that I paid $3.00 for.
Like Tuold, I keep searching for a Dunhill or a real antique Meerschaum.

Status
Not open for further replies.