PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I am waiting to hear back from the TuWun store on AliExpress on a Baki pipe, which is shown as in stock, if it is, I’m going to get it. It’s listed with a Cumberland stem.

Here’s to hoping to get my first nice, I should say normal sized Meer, the Sam McLardy & Co. meerschaum I have is small, but absolutely amazing.

Besides getting this McLardy from Tim, Chasing, you really got me hooked on Meers, I really think they are the way to go. :) ❤️

No need for cake, no need to worry about ghosting, or drying rotating, smoke cool/dry, and don’t impart any tastes, etc... What is there not to love about Meers! ❤️

All aboard the Meer Train! choo choo LOL 😆 🚂

Last edited:
Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
no need to worry about ghosting
That's actually very untrue. Meerschaum is a natural sponge and will soak up any flavor smoked through it. As for breaking in, they'll mute flavors for the first several smokes until they start to saturate with oils from the tobacco.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
That's actually very untrue. Meerschaum is a natural sponge and will soak up any flavor smoked through it.

My bad, how I said that. It’s been my understanding when dealing with blends that ghost, you’re better off smoking them in a Meer is what I meant. I thought it’s suppose to be easier to deal with ghosts in Meers, compared to Briar.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My bad, how I said that. It’s been my understanding when dealing with blends that ghost, you’re better off smoking them in a Meer is what I meant. I thought it’s easier to deal with ghosts in Meers, compared to Briar.
About the same. Smoke a few strong blends and they'll be gone. I've got a couple dedicated to blends to avoid the headache. I have gotten to like the build of the antique no names better than most of the modern established outlets.