PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
To have a little fun:
Taking from the tin note, room note, blend flavors, etc. what foods/meals would you equate a particular blend description to?
If you feel that adding other details such as a location's ambiance or vessel which the meal would be served, please feel free to include those details.
As a disclaimer with a thread like this, I would say remember, what has been seen can not be unseen. If you find yourself an overly impressionable person based on how others describe/review blends you may want pass on reading these; I would hate to potentially taint a blend for you which you have not yet experienced. I would also expect some of these to potentially stretch the nuances of the tobaccos, so I would add that this is probably not the best thread to base a TAD decision on.(But, may present some flavors that interest you and could serve as a starting point to research other reviews)
To start I will contribute a couple of mine:
Escudo- Fresh baked bread
HH Fusiliers Ration- Good and Plentys which were burned in a frying pan and served over stale bread crumbs
SPC Mississippi River- Raisin flavored cotton candy
SPC Plum Pudding- Prune and Beef Jerky flavored cotton candy
HH Whiteknight- A beef based mushroom gravy eaten in a bowling alley prior to when smoking was banned in bowling alleys.
I am not trying to make these blends sound unappealing. The traits I call out are actually what makes these blends enjoyable to me. I just find it interesting how some of the smells/flavors that come together might not be considered complimentary outside the realm of tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.