What Pipe Would You Buy if You Had $200 to Spend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
It’s a great question, 200 may be an odd number, hitting above some premium factory pipes but below others. I’ve always shied away from commissions and look for cheap estates as well, because I always say “3-400 would buy a pipe designed by me etc etc but then it would buy a couple of kilos of tobacco I love, and pipes are essentially indestructible”, however I caved now and am talking to an artisan for a commission.
That rosary is astonishing!

Reactions: OSOBUCO and JOHN72
Mar 1, 2014
FedEx now has my package marked as "delayed" with no estimated delivery time.
How long do people usually wait before making the insurance claim?

Reactions: JOHN72

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
One that caught my and passed my other criteria. Certainly not one I couldn't fondle and closely inspect in person. So, mail-order is entirely out of the question for me.
Warren:

I agree with you about the idea of wanting to touch the pipe and see it in person, especially at that price point.

Out of curiosity, though, from what I recollect, you live in a relatively remote area of Alaska…. I cannot imagine you have much access to B&M shops…. especially those with “pricier” pipes. Do you order any (general, average priced) pipes on-line (seems the touch, in-person aspect would apply even at that price point), or do you travel a lot so you get to a variety of shops?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Reactions: scloyd

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Wilson makes great pipes even in the r 100 range. They also a high line of pipes that Rindge from E to A. Their lower end pipes I have hear nothin but things.
In my Winslow state I owned a 3 E' , one D and one E. They grains were all top notch.

There are great deals on ebay if you know you prices and products.
I meant to say Winslow pipes, Wilson were my tennis raquets.

Bruno Nuttens pipe
Thank you @Laurent - I ended up gettin the Nuttens below. I have been wanting a lithe Cutty. I appreciate all the others here who gave me some ideas. As a newby I am not famaliar with all the Artisans let alone those in Europe. Thus my sort of open ended question....I wanted ideas and I got them. Thanks again - I can't wait till she arrives!

cutty vintage collection grade H1

bowrocker

Lurker
Apr 7, 2022
Still River, MA
www.youtube.com
Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 6.16.24 PM.png

A wee bit over, but the Sarah Eltangs (a somewhat more budget line made by Tom) are a great value IMO.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Since you are asking what I would do, I would buy a sandblasted version of this Moonshine Pipes bent egg to go with my smooth version. Absolutely love the design and execution of this pipe.

88D0694E-B698-48A8-98D7-734EA7D25A9B.jpeg

Reactions: eljimmy