What Pipe Brand You Don’t Own, But Want To?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

4 Fresh Tsuge Ikebana Pipes
3 Fresh Tine Balleby Pipes
9 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
71 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
48 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
I was perusing the SmokingPipes estate sale and realized there are only a couple pipe makers left that I don’t already have a pipe by and feel motivated to buy. Namely, Askwith and Ardor. Otherwise, I have at least one pipe by everyone else I like.

Who’s making pipes that you want but haven’t purchased yet?

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Castello. The style I want is a *lot* of money, so am weighing waiting vs. going with a sea rock or something (which are still expensive). :)

I have Savs and Petes, and a Stanwell, Mark Tinsky, MM Cob and Clay, a Vauen, a Parker, a Falcon, and even an Apache Indian pipe. Castello is the main one on my radar right now.

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
Castello. The style I want is a *lot* of money, so am weighing waiting vs. going with a sea rock or something (which are still expensive). :)

I have Savs and Petes, and a Stanwell, Mark Tinsky, MM Cob and Clay, a Vauen, a Parker, a Falcon, and even an Apache Indian pipe. Castello is the main one on my radar right now.
I've definitely gotten lucky with estate Castello finds. I have a Sea Rock in a shape 16, Old Antiquary in a shape 55, and a Collection in a straight billiard (don't remember the shape number off hand). Didn't pay more than $150 for any of them, all of them in excellent condition. Everybody should own a 55, though.

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
You see, Peterson makes everything I want. I'm happy with my Peterson. But if I have to choose another that would Peterson Bog Oak pipe.
I definitely love me some Petes. I waited patiently for just the right barley and rua pipes from them and love the Deerstalker shape quite a lot. Got one of the river series by them (Boyne), but the rare Petes seem to go fast.

dog_park_piper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2021
The Woodlands, TX

Your radar is well calibrated.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I want a Rad Davis pipe. But not just any ol' Rad Davis pipe.

I want the orange Dublin the Harris (cigrmaster) owned. He thought it was ugly but would never entertain selling because he said it smoked so well.

1723094143968.jpeg

Harris is no longer with us, unfortunately. He was a lot of fun and still missed.

Forum Sig.png