PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Ok, what am I listening to. I usually smoke outside, and as I live in the woods, I just listen to nature whatever it happens to be. In the fall, the sound of nature is occasionally punctuated by a gunshot or two which is kind of interesting.

When I smoke inside, if I'm not on the computer reading these forums, I go into my music/library room and l listen to jazz or classical especially piano played by Glenn Gould, or one of my favorites, indie artist Laurie Anderson.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
It depends on my mood really. I also listen to pandora radio, my stations vary from Thrice, WAR, and Atreyu mostly, occasionally I will listen to The Presidents Of The United States.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Wow the feedback has been amazing! I'm new to forums so I started this one without looking (oops).Seems it has taking off very well! I'm currently watching a SRV DVD I've not watched in years "Live at Carnegie Hall" on a 60 inch HD vs a tube HD 32 inch TV. I just acquired a sound bar for my setup back in Febuary and really enjoy it for it does not have cables running all through my living room and it sounds very nice!

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
+1 pipefish. I love chillin to Steely Dan. On an extreme note I've just got done watching Pantera's "3" on VHS. This vid brought out the "lil shithead" party boy back in the day! Oh how things change! However I'll never forget!

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
+1 trailboss. SD are great musicians and producers alike. I've read they ran tape and mic all the to the bathroom from the studio some 200+ feet just to get a sound from a guitar to match a chorus section. Whatever works and cocaine is a "helluva drug" from Rick James and Crosby!

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Always classic heavy metal, mostly Ronnie James Dio (Rainbow, Sabbath, DIO and H&H). He was also a friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUUj1OInCs&NR=1
Craig

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Heck yeah! Cannibal Corpse is awesome. I prefer the Chris Barnes era, but George is a dang good DM vocalist. I saw them live a few years ago. Very cool! Alex Webster is an amazing bass player. Never really listened to Goregasm though.

Aug 14, 2012
Why this obsession with music? Music is good, in it's place, such as the concert hall, but I don't want to hear music when I am holding the phone, standing in a elevator, in a store or restaurant or walking down the street. And certainly not when I am smoking. Silence is better.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I enjoy the sounds of Nature; owls hooting, crickets chirping, birds singing, etc. On Saturday evenings I listen to Prairie Home Companion. On Wednesdays I listen to the Pipes Magazine Radio Show.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
I value my silent moments too fellas. I've got it good in that department for all I have to do is remove my hearing aids from my skull. Ah silence!

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
I "only" smoke when I read and I always listen to classical music or orchestral soundtracks when I read

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The music I choose to listen to depends on the mood I am in at the time. Usually - although not always - it is classic rock/oldies, blues,or classic swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.