PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
My letterbox rattled again this morning.

This time it is 'Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon: Live At Wembley 1974' and I couldn't be happier.

All I can say is WOW....what a gig. Obviously it is DSOTM but it is played so differently (though in correct order) from the studio version as to make it a very worthwhile investment. I bought the CD version which is just over 55 minutes long whereas the vinyl version is apparently 8 minutes shorter.

It also comes with a 12 page booklet.

I've only played it through my soundbar but tonight I'll play it through my Hi Fi to enjoy it properly with a glass of ale.

cd.jpg
Regards,

Jay.

milk

Lifer
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
220px-TheDoorsTheDoorsalbumcover.jpg

This has got to be one of the best albums of the late 60s. I never realized how dark this album is and how much Morrison wants to get, and succeeds at getting, under your skin. It’s not really like Brit invasion - obviously it’s American and it’s not American blues reflected by Brits. What is it exactly? Those great musicians and Morrison’s really dark brain. I like how unsettling it is. There’s nothing quite like it in the time.
“Sometimes the pain is too much to examine, or even tolerate ... That doesn't make it evil, though – or necessarily dangerous. But people fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah – I guess it is a friend.“ - Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.