What Music Are You Listening To ( March, 2018)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
Velvet Underground ~ White Light/White Heat. Sister Ray rattling the windows!

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
Neu!: Neu! One of the founding bands of Krautrock formed by two former members of Kraftwek in 1971. Both Kraftwek and Neu! we're way ahead of the times.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I've always been a Brian Jones fan........ I still believe the stones died when Brian did. But I continued to listen, as they were a band like no other.

I love Charlie Watts- the consummate gentleman, always spot-on, professional, well-dressed, and focused........... he became my favorite stone.

The man has been married for 54 years........... to the same woman!

He owns 4 vintage cars, but doesn't drive........ he likes the shape of them..........

And his timing & technique, as a drummer, is one of the most precise of anyone.......... brilliant.

Anyways, not a song, but a great interview, from a great man.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faOudlMlWIc

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
^^^That was interesting Beef. I love that Mick gets frustrated because Charlie does't have a "mobile" lol. Good for you Charlie.
Hard to believe how fast time goes. Never could have imagined them still around and playing at their age now.
Starting next year there will be adults who were born in the 21st century...having trouble wrapping my mind around that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe's finest song as an Eagle...and after all these years holds up better than a lot of other Eagles songs imo.
My, but we learn so slow

And heroes, they come and they go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffBPxEO5vHQ

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
^^ Good one Brian......... as a youth, that song was a "cast-off"for me........... here we are in the years, ........... the coal becomes diamonds.......... :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.