What Kind Of Tobacco You Guys Recomend To Start Buying.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Note to self ,order more Middletons Cherry ,Mixture 79 and Borkum Riff Whiskey . Iam going to be a dollaraire in no time flat . Peck has written and JS said it so , it must be twooo .

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
yea, I got alot of captain black and borkum riff, I mean alot, wallgreens will always sell it.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Remember, Virginia leaf and blends will actually improve over time; burley will remain good; aromatics will fade, as will Latakia, so keep that in mind buying blends you will be keeping sealed in tins or in sealed jars over time, if you buy them in quantity.
Cellar blends that will improve over the years, and stop worrying about the deadlines.
Orlik's Golden Sliced

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Perhaps I'd pick up some Orlik's Golden Sliced too, alogside With the Solanis Virginia flake 633 yet Rattray's Old Gowrie might do well,J.L Heart Virginia,there are so many to choose from, espesially there in the States,+some of the Dunhill's classic blends?

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
yea I have two jars of captain black and i found out that they do age really good, but those are easy to get around here, jeff what tins are you talking about that still has latakia presence.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I think you need to sample a lot more before cellaring deep. Smoke the whole tin, not just a bowl or two before you commit to buying. You have 8-12 months before you stockpile, assuming the regs don't change. Then buy a lot, in a hurry. The blenders won't be tinning up to the deadline. They and the retailers don't want to get stuck with products they can't sell. And don't forget, there are lots of great blends that will still be on the market after 8/18.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Hard-earned knowledge:
I am a nihilist, so I do not believe in subjectivity at all. Certain blends will complement your personal chemistry, and you will be inclined to like certain flavors based on your genetic makeup. Your quest is to find out what works for you, and then buy as much of it as possible and (very important) store it responsibly.
No one else can do this for you, but we can encourage you. Best of luck!

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Cellar at least 1 tin of a McClelland VA. Maybe #27, Blackwoods Flake, or a Christmas Cheer. I personally have never cellared much for long (until recently), but the tin of Christmas Cheer 2005 I found when I moved in 2010 was AMAZING! I also found an unopened tin of Orlik Dark Strong KY that I traded for in 2006 so I don't really know the age. I got around to opening it in 2014 and it was sweet & creamy. -so if you at all like the styles, I recommend a VA, VAPer, or even a VABur

I think you need to sample a lot more before cellaring deep. Smoke the whole tin, not just a bowl or two before you commit to buying.

+1 - don't cellar too deep on the unknowns

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Certain blends will complement your personal chemistry, and you will be inclined to like certain flavors based on your genetic makeup. Your quest is to find out what works for you, and then buy as much of it as possible and (very important) store it responsibly.
So is there an equation for this? It sounds like there should be. I also thought liking some flavors comes from exposure of things your mom eat's while you are hitchin a ride in her uterus for 40 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.