PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Dr. Vick ect. is cool Collin.
When I was in 5th grade I brought a very large lager-head snapping turtle home.

It filled up my wagon. It took a friend and me about 20 minutes to lift it into the wagon. I put in my pen with the other turtles I found.

When my Dad saw it, he didn't get mad, he just took a broom stick and popped it on the nose.

The turtle promptly bit right through the 1" wooden handle of the broom.

Then he asked me if I wanted to keep it......
Uhhhh...

Nope!
I love turtles.

I will always stop on a busy road to assist the occasional hapless turtle that wanders onto the black top. Unlike other animals turtles are defenseless against cars, so I do what I can to help out.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
We have three cats and a Brussel's Griffon/Poodle mix (sorry, no pics). I had a black Shar Pei that rode with me for more than ten years before I had to leave her at home. She was great company and the absoulte best anti theft device known to man.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
pet-rock1260889534.jpg

His name is Peeve.

May 19, 2010
I have 4 ferrets and 1 cat.
This is Dr. Watson our newest addition.

Watsonisadorable.jpg

The queen and undisputed ruler of the ferrets Bellatrix.

BellaZOMG.jpg

This is Pandora ... yes she does live up to her name.

Pandawins3.jpg

Kodo our oldest ferret and the one that keeps things running smoothly. (He is the one who likes my pipes)

Kodoiswonderful.jpg

Last but not least the ferrets favorite toy Artemis.

ArtandBella-2.jpg

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
That is a cool turtle, Collin.
Pstlpkr wrote:

I will always stop on a busy road to assist the occasional hapless turtle that wanders onto the black top. Unlike other animals turtles are defenseless against cars, so I do what I can to help out.
Every time for me too. I didn't know until a couple years ago that the best way to help them is to take them to the other side, even if they're closest to one side of the road. Something to do with a keen homing instinct.
I love eating meat and understand that animals have to be slaughtered, but the one animal that it seems too harsh to kill is a turtle, since I've heard that traditionally they cut the shells off of them while they're alive. Yikes.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I once helped an extremely large soft-shelled snapper out of the road. The thing did it's best to bite me the entire time but I couldn't blame it, reptilian brains aren't exactly large and it had no idea I was trying to save it's life.
As for eating? I had turtle soup. Once. Never again. Horrible.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Haha, I wish I had a pet. I'd probably get myself a cat - one of those Scottish Folds. They're faces are so round and adorable.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I was looking back through this string and realized that I must have accidentally removed Beau. I fixed the first post.

But here he is again. He's an Akida-Shephard mix.
Beau.jpg

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
This is my buddy Lance. He's camera shy, but he'll sit and keep an eye on me when I'm having a smoke. Though mostly he just sleeps.
lanceq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.