What is Your New Year's Pipe Resolution?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jafo1989

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2021
Chicago
Really should pull my pipe & tobacco collections into a good display. Outgrew what worked before & now it’s kind of an OCD-triggering sprawl.

Reactions: Tbaggins

tatter

Lurker
Nov 15, 2015
California
My goal is to keep my pipe collection at its current number, 24. Last year I pared it down from around 40, now I have my best smokers and I have plenty. IF I choose to add a pipe it will have to replace one in the current line up. Additionally, i plan to only smoke tobacco from my cellar, I'm afraid I won't be much help to the economy this year.

jafo1989

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2021
Chicago
Might as well add: get better at bringing brown vulcanite stems back to black. Have a few where no matter what I’ve done, they just want to stay the color of what I pick up in the yard after the dog. ?

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
Not a fan of resolutions so these are more like end of the year reflections that might be achievable in the new year.

-No more fixer uppers!
-I’m really bad about buying a skanky pipe to restore.
-No more tobacco!
-Early on, I’d smoke one bowl and “Oh this is really good,,,buy two pounds, so dumb. The TAD was all consuming for a few years!
-Add no more than three hand made pipes to my collection (following Rich Esserman’s sound advice on that one). His points were, as I interpreted:
-Save your money for what you want.
-Don’t settle for a pipe that has some characteristic that bothers you.
-Trade the pipes you don’t smoke or enjoy.

Reactions: jafo1989