PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This Jess Chonowitch Dublin has been my hold grail pipe for a long time. It is the best looking Dublin I have ever seen. It probably retailed for 5 grand and yes I could easily afford it, but not until the rest of my 4 kids are out of school. One graduated the Ringling College of arts with a graphic design degree. My oldest daughter is in a private law school. My youngest son is getting a business degree and my youngest daughter is taking classes at a community college. Once they are all graduated, I will probably still say no on spending 5 grand on a pipe. I would rather buy stuff for my kids as that will always give me more pleasure.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
the only thing I can think of is one of those old meerschaum pipes that is so expertly carved as to make the best ones produced today look like the work of children with the palsy. For example I've seen ones that look less carved and more like an evil sorcerer turned his enemy into a pipe through some weird meerschaum based alchemy. I'd kill for one of those pipes, a very very bad person and not just any body.

Reactions: Charlie718

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
the only thing I can think of is one of those old meerschaum pipes that is so expertly carved as to make the best ones produced today look like the work of children with the palsy. For example I've seen ones that look less carved and more like an evil sorcerer turned his enemy into a pipe through some weird meerschaum based alchemy. I'd kill for one of those pipes, a very very bad person and not just any body.
Ever look at Kenan's work?

IMG_1237__41359.1600721785.jpeg.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Ever look at Kenan's work?

View attachment 90162
Oh yes. And some of the old ones make him look amateur. I mean he blows me away, but some of the things I've seen from the past, look like what he might do if he had all the time in the world to get it beyond perfect. like I've seen ones where the skin is subtly carved so it has the pattern of the dermis.
Yeah his stuff is probably the closest I could ever get to one of those old ones.

Reactions: Charlie718

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Oh yes. And some of the old ones make him look amateur. I mean he blows me away, but some of the things I've seen from the past, look like what he might do if he had all the time in the world to get it beyond perfect. like I've seen ones where the skin is subtly carved so it has the pattern of the dermis.
Yeah his stuff is probably the closest I could ever get to one of those old ones.
His Abe Lincoln was carved like that, and man did the price reflect it!

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
I actually don’t have any that aren’t achievable with time and work…. In other words I really don’t like expensive pipes in most cases, they look hideous…. My favourite carver is Neerup and I prefer his classic line to his more elite line by a landslide, I simply don’t like those pipes. I like some Claudio Cavichi and Sara Etlang, and although fairly pricey aren’t ridiculous and totally impossible to buy at some point.

I simply ignore all name recognition, hype, branding, classes of pipes and go with what I find attractive, and no doubt they’ll smoke well.

Reactions: orlandofurioso