What is Your Favorite International Dish?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
Maybe this has already been discussed before, but I am newer to the forum. What is your favorite international dish you enjoy eating? My wife is from Venezuela, and she makes the best Empanadas. They are turnovers made from corn flour and can be filled with any meat or cheese you like.

Reactions: JOHN72

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
Irish beef steak, bone-in rib of course. Russian style shashlik, cook on an open fire on the beach. Interior style Mexican taquitos, beef of course, run a close third.
What is shashlik, I have never heard of it.

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
We grow almost everything we eat, so the "international" part would be the times one of us add a sauce...... usually Mexican or Indian......either wrapped in a tortilla, or picked up with a flat bread of some sort.

Reactions: newbroom and JOHN72
Jun 23, 2019
Burmese Tea Leaf Salad is this legume heavy, spicy, refreshing salad I've been obsessed with lately.

Love me some puff pastry so anything vol-a-vent I'll take, restaurant by me does a sweetbreads and mushrooms one that hits the spot.

Reactions: JOHN72

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
We have an Argentine restaurant in Melbourne and I always go there (be there next month) and the food is just superb. The Pork Jowls (Mejilla de Cerdo), Lamb Rump (Cordero) are very good but I really like their charcoal roasted cabbage with pickled pear (Repoll

We have an Argentine restaurant in Melbourne and I always go there (be there next month) and the food is just superb. The Pork Jowls (Mejilla de Cerdo), Lamb Rump (Cordero) are very good but I really like their charcoal roasted cabbage with pickled pear (Repollo)
Do they serve the official drink of Argentina, Yerba Mate there?