PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
When my father passed away I "inherited" roughly 300 cigars. That was a little over 3 years ago and now there approximately 297. He had six different ring sizes and three different lengths. It's a pain in the ass to maintain the humidor, but it's been a labor of love.
The dude at Havana Cigar here in Vegas has been extremely helpful in educating me and giving fantastic guidance in their maintenance.
He also mentioned they were absolutely worth maintaining (I almost just tossed them, I'm not a cigar guy) and also telling me I'm sitting on cigars valued at approximately $20-25 per.
Don't know enough to have a favorite, but the super dark "anniversary" ones are extremely tasty.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I don't get into them very often but I enjoy these
win_20151104_213333-600x337.jpg

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
Warped has recently moved to the top of my favorites list, specifically the La Colmena Reina. Caldwell, Davidoff, Padron, Tatuaje, DTT, Byron Nelson and Atabey all have a place on my list of favorites as well.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Honestly, I haven't had a cigar in quite some time, but, my all time favorite is Arturo Fuente. In particular, the Hemingway Untold Story and Classic. Partagas, H. Upman, and Montecristo also made regular appearances in my humidor.
Cheers,
Chili

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
Padron natural 2000 robusto and Churchill. Been smoking 'em for 10 years now, haven't had a bad one yet, *knock on wood.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Partagas (Serie D Nº 4) and Sancho panza (belicosos). I only smoke cigars when smoking a pipe is not practical. I never smoke them at home. When on the go, Toscanos, specially the antico are a great change of pace, and a cheap one too!. There is a machine made Cuban, JL Piedra which is available in Spain, with an excellent quality-price combo. I used to love the hand made cigars I bought from a roller in La Palma, a small island in the Canary Islands where I lived for two years.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
So many.
Punch Rojo, LADC Rothschild, Perdomo Barrel Aged Sun Grown Epicure, Camacho Triple Maduro, LGC Wavell Natural wrapper, Oliva O, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, Fuente Opus X Lost City... I could go on.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I rarely ever smoke cigars anymore. But, I used to smoke them daily at one time. A couple of my favorites turned out to be rather inexpensive. But, excellent cigars. Montesino Maduro (bundled) and made by Arturo Fuete was one of them. I don't think they're made anymore.
My favorite was El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Maduro. That was my "Nightcap" of the cigar world.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I'll fire this one up again for the cause! All time favorite has to be Padron (Particularly 64 anniversary maduros, or milleniums if you're a goddamn billionaire). Other favorites include AVO, Oliva Serie G maduro and Serie V, damn near anything made by Don Pepin, Drew estate java maduros, La Gloria Cubana anything, and Tatuaje.
And If were talking Cubans I'd have to go with Ramone Allones Specially Selected, Trinidad Fundadores, and Bolivar Belicoso

Reactions: odobenus

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
I am a big fan of Perdomo. I really enjoy their Factory Tour Sungrown and their 12 year double-aged Connecticut. Padron, My Father, and Opus X are in a league of their own, but far too expensive for regular enjoyment.

ronthewineguy

Lurker
May 2, 2019
If it's not too late, my all time favs are Avo's. I was devastated when they discontinued the #2 Maduro. I've also enjoyed Ashton VSG and on REAL special occasions, Padrons.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My favorite Cigar Brands:
Cuban: Bolivar or H. Upmann. Montecristo at its best would be up there, but they can be a bit too hit and miss for me.

Dominican: Fuente or LFD

Nicaraguan: Oliva or Illusione
Way too many great cigarmakers to choose just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.