What Is Your Fav Puttering Activity While Smoking?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

156 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes
4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
I love to work in the shop after work- while enjoying my pipe. Lately I have been getting ready for spring. Various things. Woodworking and building- all the little tasks involved my bee hive project. Painting the boxes, etc. Sweeping and blasting leaves off the walkways. Mindless stuff.
The pipe is just the perfect thing for watching the front of the hives and seeing the bees bringing in early spring pollen loads.

Replacing the leaky toilet float valve- not so much.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I'm not much of a doing shit while smoking guy, beyond reading or just meditating. However, I have been known to light up while scooping dog shit, using the riding mower, or general outside choring, as long as I don't have to breath deeply, haha.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Sounds like you're less of a doing shit guy and more of a scooping shit kind of guy.
Haha, summed up my life in a way there!

I love doing shit too! And with where we live much of it is out of necessity, haha. I just don't like doing shit while smoking, because most of it (being a fat fuck) requires breathing heavily (cutting wood, chopping wood, stacking wood, shoveling, snowblowing, raking, clearing brush, building shit, cleaning chimneys, etc.)

One thing I DO love to do while smoking that I forgot in the first post is get all of my fly fishing shit or hunting gear ready for the following day, or re-organizing tackle/fly boxes. Or burning trash. Or grilling. Or cleaning out and re-organizing the airplane shed, that's another good one. I guess there are a few things, hahaha. I would love to be able to smoke a pipe while pre-flighting the airplane, that would make it way less mind numbing, but there is too much gas/oil involved. It would probably be fine, but y'know, risk v. reward, haha. One of the first things they teach you in flight school is that airplanes should not be on fire.

Last edited:

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Drinking.

Not something I do all the time, one addiction is enough. Still my favorite.

Reactions: kg.legat0

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Most of my pipe smoking is out walking the dogs. I suppose we putter through the woods and fields.

Whenever we move to America I'll get back to proper puttering in the yard. Probably smoking a pipe as I trim hedges and work in the garden.

Most of the time, when I smoke a pipe, I would do nothing else or browse this forum.
I have tried to smoke a pipe when I am working from home - If the work is of a certain low intensity I enjoy the pipe, but otherwise smoking during work in general is not good for me.
Since I got a TV in my home office, I had some excellent smokes while watching TV. If I am semi-focused on the TV and semi-focused on the pipe, my cadence slows down even further and smokes become excellent

Reactions: Bowie and ray47

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Pipe is my down time. I’m not a clencher, so doing anything with a pipe is not for me. Mostly sit outside, surf this forum, eBay or listen to music.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
For someone who smokes a lot of pipe, I sure don't seem to get a lot done.

Is that what we're calling "puttering"?

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Winter - cruising backroads, somehow managing to hold up traffic.

Summer - supervising the backyard/contemplating the meaning of life from the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.