PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
When I weighed 235 pounds I would have said I was a heavy pipe smoker, but now at 145 pounds, probably not. :wink:

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I smoke one to two bowls per day. Some days I smoke none. Occasional weeks I smoke none. For me, more than three bowls per day would be "heavy." More importantly, If I ever got to the point where I felt I was addicted and couldn't comfortably set it aside, that would be too heavy.
I smoke pipes because I enjoy them, not because I gotta have a smoke. It is just like anything else I enjoy and yet moderate my consumption to avoid unhealthy excess.

iasskicker

Lurker
Sep 9, 2014
Im taking 6 days off..for various reasons..hahahahahah! CAn I do it?
I don't smoke more than 1 a day 2 at the most. For me..myself and I...1 a day is on the heavy side

actually...lightweight here. Ive noticed that if I take a week off even two the tobacco becomes just that much more delicious...but its hard to do that.

Yeah that's cos of the taste our tongue i guess gets used to. I recall doing cigars after every week and they tasted like heaven!

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I take brakes with all my habits(smoking, alcohol, coffee) just to make sure there not addictions. Every year I take a week or two off. I happen to be taking this week with no coffee. Best part of this sadistic act is how good that first cup will be.

Reactions: OSOBUCO

highlander

Might Stick Around
Dec 5, 2013
IMHO, more than 2 bowls a day and more than 5 days a week. My definition is probably due to reading, and nothing else, while I smoke. The ritual of two consecutive bowls takes about 2 1/2 hours, which is as much of my day I can spend on this pleasant hobby.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
I think that "Heavy pipe smoking" is entirely personal. I have never over 50 years of piping done more that 3 bowls a week. One is more like it because my mouth needs the rest. At most now I consume at a rate of a bowl every 10 days. I do find myself thinking about it more that that and planing my next bowl. I wonder if that constitutes an addiction? So, heavy is when ones tissues are sore.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
Interesting question, I don't really know. For myself on weekends I'll have 4 or maybe 5 bowls a day. During the week I'll have one when I get home and sometimes one before bed. I definitely don't think that's heavy, but don't know what the criteria for measuring light vs. heavy should be.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd consider smoking anything over six bowls a day a heavy pipe smoker.
Seeing as how most bowls take about 30 minutes to smoke that means you're spending 180 minutes or 3 hours smoking during the day.
I myself usually have two pipes a day. Some days I have the opportunity for another two or three and some days I don't even have time for one. It fluctuates with the chaos of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.