alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
img_1009-600x450.jpg

grilledokra

Lurker
Oct 27, 2016
I love Klondike and would be willing to overlook a lot if I had a tin with any imperfections. You do see these types of stains in tin paper where the tobacco has had contact over a long period of time (among other factors). Paper products often have small flaws because it's a natural material. Could the fractal-like quality be in the substrate, and exposed by the transfer of the tobacco oil/moisture? Enjoy the Klondike, and maybe do some Dunhill Flake comparison to set my mind at ease that they are comparable.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
As Klondike Gold is now discontinued, I say enjoy it as much as you can. Looks like oil to me too.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I don't see anything out of the norm in that pic. Tobacco oils soak through the paper frequently and will make spots like that on the paper. As for the tin, that's rust and that is common. Per the master blender at McClelland, rust is tasteless and odorless and will not affect the tobacco. I've never had a problem with my tobacco's that came from a tin with rust on it. The tobacco should be perfectly fine. Enjoy the tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.