What is the Worst Pipe Tobacco You have ever Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
A tin of C&D Kajun Kake that I smoked back in 2014. It was so bad I remember the year and everything.

It smoked incredibly harsh and overpowering and a few weeks after cracking the tin it went moldy on me. It was the only blend I didn't feel bad about tossing in the trash. I've since learned how to appreciate C&D's rustic stout blends, but I'll never try this one again....ever.

Reactions: Carol

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Peterson's Connoisseurs Choice, it's the only tobacco I've ever thrown in the bin. The English language does not contain words sufficient to describe just how bad this was for me.
And this is one of the few aros that I can tolerate, go figure.

I dry the s**t out of it though. Without drying time, it’s nasty.

Crispy dry on the other hand, quite pleasurable.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I bought a couple of lbs of whole leaf latakia that was put in the bag in 1997 that is the worst.
I smoked a bowl straight, then in various mixes, and have shied from Latakia ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
For me it would be anything cherry flavored. Can't stand it...
Other than that , the only tobacco I have ever disliked as much would be C&D The Beast. I got a tin of it and couldn't wait to try it. The first bowl was awful , but I thought I would give it a second try and it was just as bad the second go round. I still have it jarred and maybe will give it another try in a few years, but for now it's not something I want again.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
For me it would be anything cherry flavored. Can't stand it...
Other than that , the only tobacco I have ever disliked as much would be C&D The Beast. I got a tin of it and couldn't wait to try it. The first bowl was awful , but I thought I would give it a second try and it was just as bad the second go round. I still have it jarred and maybe will give it another try in a few years, but for now it's not something I want again.
I didn’t like it at first either but I left it for a couple months and came back to it and now I quite enjoy it ( once in a while). I always smoke it in a little Georg Jensen cutty. Most of your pipes seem to be giants - I’d recommend trying it again in a smallish pipe if you’ve got one.