What is the Most Unusual Thing You've Used as a Tamper?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Former Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
I have a "Peanut" lighter on my key chain, just happens to be the right size! Closed of course...

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
:P

(Another couldn't resist opportunity!)
Well, I guess if I had a pipe with a bowl that was big enough, it'd be a toilet plunger with a sealed cup.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
aaa battery, misc laundry, a dime glued to a stick, marbles (but must invert pipe to remove) asparagus, crab leg, someone elses finger especially if they've passed out. I guess thats all ordinary stuff though.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I have a circle punch for cigars on my key ring I use it now and again

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Interesting thread, especially the tool part.
Let’s see….I have used twigs, nails, pens, pencils, an opened paperclip in the shape of a trombone (the music element again). The large ones actually make not only a good tamper on the trombone side, but you use the other end to dig out tobac.
In a pinch the other day while driving, I used the shower diverter thingy I was replacing. It was even spring-loaded.
I have a neat “whale” shaped pipe tool that I purchased years ago from Dan Pipe. It has a wooden handle and is a prized possession, so I leave it at home because I lose pipe tools the way I lose sunglasses.
Oh, and I have used the single temple from a broken pair of sunglasses.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I have a .223 round that looks perfect. But its live so I dont think i'll be using that.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
prisma color pencil. I was outside drawing and too lazy to go inside and get my tamper.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Id like to use Ny governor Cuomo's pecker till it shrivels up blisters and pops. OK now that I think about it I dont want that thing in any of my pipes or near one for that matter. But I would like to burn it off, stomp on it and shoot it out of a cannon.

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
My kids had a wooden mallet for some toy my wife hated. It sat atop a cabinet for a while because it was being used to break things in the house. I used a Gerber knife to cut it and then scraped it on some cement outside our door to flatten it out. Was almost the exact same size as the bowl I was smoking, but it worked great.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
I have used dead mens fingers sometimes when I was younger. Works better than other body parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.